1. Rain Share Addressing Hyderabad’s Water Issues via Infrastructure Support
3. Hyderabad Hyderabad POPULATION Urban district 4,025,000 ANNUAL RAINFALL 25cm/10in HMWSSB SERVICE INFORMATION Present population: 6,740,000 Service area: 680 SqKm Total supply quantity: 340 MGD. Supply to Surrounding Municipalities: 70 MGD Supply duration: 2 hours, every other day DRINKING WATER MEASUREMENT UNITSRangareddi/ 1 MLD - 1 million liters per dayGreater Hyderabadprimarily agricultural land 1 MGD - 1 million gallons per day LPCD - liters per capita per day W.H.O. NORM FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSUMPTION 165 LPCD
4. BahadurpuraWater Availability
5. “Good Morning Sir !We, the residents of New allapur, borabandahave been facing severe problems in our lane.For the purpose of new severage lines, theroads have been inundantly dug and left unrav-elled. The work has been halted for 20 days andhave shallowed stagnant severage water logginginto it, leading to stringent, untolerable foulsmell and has simultaneously become home toseveral dreadful disease causing mosquitos,germs and bacteria. I would humbly requestyou to show your interest in this regard asquickly as possible. Thanks You!
8. Cistern The collected rainwater is pumped into a large cistern. Solar Power Electicity is as unstable as the water supply, a solar panel is necessary to keep the system running off hours. Rain Share Computer System Using an ATM shell, residents interface with the computer system using a finger print reader and small touch screen. This system is used to access their account information, and communition statistics. DepositAfter residents have logged into the system, they deposit and pump their collected rainwater into the cistern. Withdrawal Users can withdrawal water using the computer to access profile information and a hand pump.
11. Community Information
12. Hyderabad Metropolitan funding Joint Action Water Supply & Sewage Board for Water provide incentives educate work with mobile providers survey fill cisterns create profiles Neighborhoods of Hyderabad Hyderabad MetropolitanWater Supply & Sewage Board
13. HyderabadUrban district National highway Hyderabad Metropolitan Rail Rajhiv Gandhi Political boundary International Airport Rangareddi/ Primary/secondary road Greater Hyderabad Hyderabad Metropolitan Water & Sewerage Service Board districts primarily agricultural landHyderabad
14. National highway Hyderabad Metropolitan Rail Political boundary Primary/secondary road Hyderabad Metropolitan Water & Sewerage Service Board districtsWater Board Districts
15. National highway Hyderabad Metropolitan Rail Political boundary Primary/secondary road Hyderabad Metropolitan Water & Sewerage Service Board districtsProposed service areas