1. Parts of the sail ship and types of sail.2. Directions, sailing upwind.3. Columbus time and actuality.
● There are some several main parts of the sailship, here are them:
● Normally, the sails are triangular, but, inColumbus time, sailors used square sails:
3● We need to know the direction of the wind tosail.2456
1. Upward: sail in front of the wind2. “Decuartelar”: sail near the wind.3.Traverse: sail bringing the wind on one side.4. Long sail: sailing turning away wind.5. Sail with the fin: sail with the wind comingfrom one side of the stern.6. Downwind: sail with the wind coming in frontof the stern.
● If the wind come from the bow, you cant sail,because it drag the boat back, and you need todo this:
● One of the important things that we need toknow is that Columbus didnt use keel, so in thistimes the sailing was too difficult:
● Columbus didnt have a direction and the sailsin this time were square sails, so the sailingwere more dificult than now.● But... Columbus was lucky and he got toAmerica by trade winds:
● I loved this school trip but the wind wasstrange, wind seemed to be enough, but itwasnt. The teacher of the course explained usall really good, and I understood it well.It was a little bit boring because we couldnt doanything, but with the friends in the boat, I hada really good time.