PERSONAL STATEMENT/AUTOBIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH
My name is Nelson Damachi and I am 16 years old, and I was born November, 5 1993. I
was born in Lagos, Nigeria to parents Lillian Ekwosi and Nicholas Damachi. I am involved in
several activities in and out of school. For example I am an avid volunteer at Good Luck
Community Center, assisting with areas they require help in for I love to give back to the
community. I have been a member of the Parkdale Track and Field and Cross Country Team and
I am also Army JROTC program. I have received such awards Most Improved on the Cross
Country and the Academic Award for the Outdoor Track Season. This award is given to the
athlete with the highest GPA on the team. I have also made the Honor Roll on numerous
occasions, and have gotten the Perfect Attendance Award, which I believe to be a prestigious
award. My interest include running, and I hope to compete in college, I also like studying so I
could maintain my grades. For leisure I enjoy going to the movies and spending spare times with
friends and using the computer. I hope to pursue a future in Computer Science as it is one of my
hobbies and as the world is becoming more and more technological, everything seems to depend
on computers nowadays. I feel this would be a lucrative profession and one I would enjoy
because for one, I love of computers, and I plan on pursing this career by enrolling and attending
the University of Maryland. At church I am a alter servant and attempt to go down there during
major holidays such as Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter to help decorate the church. A
significant event in my life occurred approximately 7 years ago when I put my finger in a
doorway and a friend of mine unknowingly slammed the door severing my finger. It had to be
stitched back, but unfortunately it never stayed and fell off. Although this class has nothing to
do with the career I plan to pursue, I am fascinated by the body and its functions and that is why
I made the decision to take this classs.
5435 85th Ave Apt 201
Lanham, Maryland, 20706
11, Crescent Road
Greenbelt, MD, 20706
Dear Ms. Utley:
I am writing to inform you of my interest in the Circulation Desk Assistant at the Greenbelt Library. If
you require a reference you may call Walter Swift at 301-852-8992.
I believe I should be selected for an interview over the numerous applicants for this job because I am a
dependable and hardworking young, as I possess a drive to achieve success in all of my endeavors. I
have an innate passion for books which I hope to satisfy by working at a library. I am aware that your
branch’s Circulation Desk’s is one of the fastest in the county and I hope to be a member of such a
diligent group, as I to like to approach working with books with alacrity. I also used to work at my school
library, which displays the great joy I have in working in libraries.
To conclude, I thank you for giving me an opportunity by reading my resume. If I am chosen I am willing
answer via email in approximately 2 days.
5435 85th Ave Apt 201
Lanham, Maryland, 20706
• Parkdale High School, Riverdale, Maryland
• Academic Honor Roll 2007-2010.
• Perfect Attendance 2007-2008
• Academic Award
• Most Improve Award (Cross Country)
• Good Luck Community Center
• Parkdale High School Library
INTEREST / ACTIVITIES
• Member of Parkdale Track and Field Team
• Member of Army JROTC
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet
• I am studious and hardworking and possess a drive to achieve success in anything and
everything I do.
• I am outgoing which allows me to interact with different types of people.
Goal Setting for AP Biology
The things I hope to gain from this class are (think of all the reasons you wanted to take this
1. I hope this AP Biology class might be able assist me in a future career.
2. I hope to gain the 1 college credit, in order to save me some money on college expenses.
3. Being an AP class, I hope it will boost my grade point average.
1. To get a better understanding of the human body and all its functions
2. I hope to earn the prestige of taking such a challenging class and being successful and thriving in
3. I hope to achieve and maintain a satisfactory grade throughout all 4 quarters to show my hard
work is paying dividends.
The grade I would like to make on the AP Exam is: 5
The exam is graded on a scale of 1-5. Scores of 3-5 earn you college credit in laboratory science, with a
score of 5 giving you the most college credit.
I will find the time to perform 1-2 hours of work daily for this course by doing the following:
1. Cutting the time I spend doing unnecessary things on the internet drastically.
2. Cutting the time I spend watching television during the week drastically.
I will study each day at (time) 6:00PM in (place) my house.
I can help myself remember my goals and work toward them by:
1. Keeping a copy posted around my study area.
2. Showing my goals to an adult and prompting them to constantly check up on me by asking me
about my progress.
3. Keeping a mental note and pushing myself to strive for success.
My teacher can help me obtain my goals by:
1. Teaching me to the best of her abilities.
2. Showing me opportunities besides ones in the classroom that might help me.
3. Holding me accountable to my goals and letting me know when I am slipping.
SUNDAY MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY
6:00 SLEEP PREPAR PREPAR PREPAR FOR PREPAR PREPAR
FOR FOR SCHOOL FOR FOR
SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL
7:00 SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL
8:00 SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL
9:00 CHURCH SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL
10:00 GROCERY SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL
11:00 REST/LEISURE SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL
12:00 REST/LEISURE SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL
1:00 BIOLOGY SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL
2:00 BIOLOGY PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE
3:00 PRE CALC PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE
4:00 PRE CALC PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE
5:00 EAT AND EAT AND EAT AND EAT AND EAT AND
ENGLISH REST REST REST REST REST
6:00 ENLISH BIOLOGY BIOLOGY BIOLOGY HW BIOLOGY BIOLOGY
HW HW HW HW
7:00 OTHER HW BIOLOGY BIOLOGY BIOLOGY HW BIOLGY HW BIOLOGY
HW HW HW
8:00 LEISURE PRE CALC ENGLISH PRE CALC ENGLILSH PRE CALC
9:00 PRE CALC ENGLISH PRE CALC ENGLISH PRE CALC
LEISURE HW HW
10:00 SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP
Name of Student: Nelson Damachi
Subject: Advance Placement Biology
Instructor's Name: Mrs. Berkeley
Instructor's Signature: _________________________________________________________________
Answer the following with a minimum of 5 complete sentences. Be sure to use correct grammar and spelling.
1. Describe the assignment including the tools and process.
This assignment was insightful as it assisted me in ascertaining different facts about the career I wish to pursue; such
as the wages earned in the field, and courses I would have to take to be adept at my respective field. the tools
provided for me for the assignment such as the career crusing site may have been beneficial however since I
attempted to access it when it had expired I was unable to take advantage of it. All in all the project was straight
forward and insightful.
2. Write about what you have learned from this assignment. Describe the skills and competencies demonstrated by
3. Evaluate your performance on the assignment. Identify what you did well and what could be improved.
Career Research Assignment Rubric and Grading Sheet
1. Personal/Autobiographical Sketch (photo @ 8 pts.)
2. Sample Cover Letter
4. Letters of Recommendation (3 @ 5 points each)
5. Goal Setting for AP Biology
6. Study Schedule Template
7. Career Research Assignment
8. Career Interview
9. Samples of Student Work @ 5 points each
10. Reflective Entry