1. How we worked with a leadingScuba Gear brand to create a wider social media outreach
2. The Client The client is one of the world’s leading SCUBA gear brands headquartered in New York USA, publicly listed & also the first &most successful online store for SCUBA gear
3. The Challenge Their website and online store had over 50,000 unique visitors a month. The challenge was to use social media to reach out to a wider global base of SCUBA divingenthusiasts, increase visibility for their brand& connect with the global SCUBA community & ultimately increase sales.
4. The Proposal In 2009 BuzzFactory proposed developing an OnlineScuba Diving Magazine / Blog which would be entirelyset up, planned & managed by BuzzFactory on behalf of the client. The Aquaviews.net online SCUBA magazine was launched.
5. The ActivityA content strategy, magazine layout & plan was created where the BuzzFactory team would write & publish 30 high quality blog articles under categories such asScuba News, Dive Destinations, Gear Reviews, Marine Guides, Humor & more. The articles fueled theFacebook page, Twitter engagement & were distributedthrough social networks & bookmarking sites daily. The Client’s branding & product links were worked into the posts & online magazine.
6. The Results Less than a year later, the online magazine developed into a leading blog / online resource for the globalSCUBA diving community. The blog drove in an average of 100,000 unique visitors a month spiking to 200,000 visitors in some months.
7. … The visitors consisted of dive masters, instructors, dive shop owners, certified SCUBA divers and enthusiasts.The kind of people that love to dive & the kind of people who would purchase SCUBA gear online. 1000’s of them subscribe to the blog via RSS to get email updates on content published. Visits to the online store via the blog climbed and sales figures went up dramatically as a result of the increased traffic & visits.
8. Stats 1 Year Later – We’re Not Kidding!
9. … The efforts resulted in the blog dominating Googlesearch results for most searches related to SCUBA gear & topics. The content was repurposed & used in emailnewsletters & campaigns. The Facebook page activity & reach was increased considerably with more fans discussing the content & participating. The Twitter updates around the blog have resulted in the Twitter handle @aquaviews becoming one of the mostinfluential accounts in the SCUBA community on Twitter & people love the brand.
10. Facebook Page
12. Blog Content
13. …Other sites and communities on the subject now regard aquaviews.net as a leading publication in the industry. The reader base continues to grow and as a result sales continue to climb. Our Client now has an even bigger presence online & new consumers find them each day through the articles & social media activity.
14. What We Did Focused completely on creating the most engaging / useful / fun content & resource for online SCUBA enthusiasts Ripple effect –Traffic, visitors, links, awareness, conversion, sales, bra nd relationship, conversations & wider web presence Let us do the same for you.
15. Contact Us 1200 Quail Street,Suite 205, Newport Beach, CA 92660 Phone: +1 949 760 3888 Fax: +1 949 760 3889 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org