Online Student Learning Portal and Course
Video Streaming Portals
Rich Internet Apps
250+ team with experience in
managing offshore, distributed
Neev Technologies established
in Jan ’05
VC Funding in 2009 By Basil
Part of Publicis Groupe
Member of NASSCOM.
Development Centers in
Bangalore and Pune.
Bangalore, USA, Delhi, Pune, S
ingapore and Stockholm.
Key Company Highlights
Windows Phone 7
User Interface Design and User Experience Design
Performance Consulting Practices
Quality Assurance & Testing
AWS Consulting Partner
Google App Engine
Outsourced Product Development
• Neev helped revamp an online Learning Management System
(LMS) that provided a stand-alone interface between students and
• Neev introduced new features and enhancements to modernize
the system while meeting an aggressive delivery timeline.
• The LMS informed students about the schedule of classes and
tests, attendance, announcements and test scores and also allowed
them to take tests online.
• It enabled tutors to manage announcements, schedule classes and
tests, administer tests online and keep a tab on students’
performance and attendance.
Online Student Learning Portal and Course Management System
• PurpleLeap, an ISO 9001:2008 company and a Pearson-Educomp JV
company, enables educational institutions to produce high quality talent
while connecting students to the industry through innovative solutions
backed by cutting-edge technology.
• PurpleLeap partners with colleges all over the country to provide industry
engagement platforms, Global technology Partnerships, learning
programs, placements and state of the art infrastructure like VSAT-enabled
multimedia classrooms, learning and Knowledge Management
Systems, Assessment Platform and Student Learning Portal that enable the
professional and comprehensive development of students.
• Purple Leap has partnered with over 150 B-schools and Engineering colleges
in over 14 states in India and works with over 300 corporates.
• It has trained more than 10000 students in last three years.
• PurpleLeap required a revamp of their existing LMS system that was
bootstrapped into place by an internal team.
• The system lacked a good user interface and many critical features.
• PurpleLeap required a comprehensive online portal that provided the
requisite and critical information to students and tutors to keep a tab on
attendance, schedule of classes and tests, announcements, test scores, and
also enable online test taking.
• Neev developed an online portal for PurpleLeap that provided students and tutors
secure, role-based access to the system.
• Once logged in, the students were provided a dashboard with information like class, test
schedule, attendance, test score and announcements among others.
• The system provided a to-do list for students to keep a tab on their assignments.
• PurpleLeap training activities included training schedules, trainer’s activities, maintaining
question banks, generating assignments, question papers, online test for students etc.
• The system provided trainers with information like test scores to monitor students’
performance and attendance status.
• It also enabled trainers to administer tests online, inform students about
schedule of classes and tests.
• Neev also built an SMS-based messaging system that enabled tutors to send
SMS alerts to students.
• All PurpleLeap client companies could search for PurpleLeap students based
on defined criteria and download student details and resumes from the
• Students’ placement history and PurpleLeap certification history was also
maintained through this portal.
• Neev used a MVC design pattern on Drupal to implement the LMS and
completely redesigned the UI/UX of the application.
Neev Solution (Contd..)
• Text based chat between students and teachers.
• Page Load time less than 3 seconds. Usage of tools like YSLOW, Firebug to
identify and fix page loads that were slow.
• Major Improvement in the UI/UX of the application.
• Existing code had to be refactored.
• Several pages required full page refreshes.
• Team had to study and understand the application independently
since very little documentation was available.