Omnitech - An iPad – based IT Infrastructure Performance Visualization Tool for CIOs
An iPad – based IT Infrastructure
Performance Visualization Tool for CIOs
Video Streaming Portals
Rich Internet Apps
250+ team with experience in
managing offshore, distributed
Neev Technologies established
in Jan ’05
VC Funding in 2009 By Basil
Part of Publicis Groupe
Member of NASSCOM.
Development Centers in
Bangalore and Pune.
Bangalore, USA, Delhi, Pune, S
ingapore and Stockholm.
Key Company Highlights
Windows Phone 7
User Interface Design and User Experience Design
Performance Consulting Practices
Quality Assurance & Testing
AWS Consulting Partner
Google App Engine
Outsourced Product Development
• Neev created a data visualization application for
infrastructure monitoring for use on iPads.
• This tool was created for CIOs of client’s customers who
avail the client’s IT infrastructure services.
• The application gives such busy executives a summary view
of the performance metrics of their IT infrastructure in the
form of infographics.
• This not only saves time for the CIOs but also helps the
client serve its customers better.
An iPad – based IT Infrastructure Performance Visualization Tool
• Omnitech InfoSolutions Ltd, a global IT services company is
primarily involved in strategic IT outsourcing and managed services.
• Omnitech InfoSolutions started in 1987 and has emerged as India’s
first IT managed services provider.
• Omnitech delivers value to its enterprise clients as their Technology
• To its credit, Omnitech has internationally acclaimed Quality
Certifications like ISO 9001:2008, ISO 20000, ISO 27001 & 27002
and BS 25999.
• It has a presence in Europe, US, Australia and Asia.
• Omnitech provides IT infrastructure services to businesses all over the globe.
• The Chief Information Officers (CIOs) of these customers were not fully aware
of performance of their IT infrastructure , as managed by Omnitech.
• Owing to their busy schedule, they did not find time to go through, analyze
and derive insights out of performance data previously made available
through excel sheets.
• In order to provide greater clarity and transparency, Omnitech wanted to
develop an application that would enable the CIOs of its customers to have a
quick, overall view of the performance of IT infrastructure managed by
• The application was required to load fast, be user-friendly and work like a
• Neev ideated, conceptualized, designed and developed a data visualization application for
iPads for use by CIOs of Omnitech’s customers.
• An evaluation of the various choices of platforms, technologies and frameworks available
was carried out.
• Non-Functional Requirements like support for gestures, user friendliness of the
application, faster loading speed were considered and planned from the design stage.
• The application was developed by understanding the various metrics and parameters to
evaluate performance of IT infrastructure services and creating a data visualization model
of the same.
• The application summarizes various performance metrics data offered by Omnitech and
displays them in the form of infographics.
• Custom widgets were created to build the infographics and represent graphical data based
on the metrics available.
• Omnitech provides this application only to its customers to enable them to stay up-to-date
on the performance of all IT infrastructure services from Omnitech.
• Data visualization of metric data in the form of infographics.
• A quick view of performance of Omnitech’s IT infrastructure services.
• Fast loading of the application.