A Social Networking Platform for Reviewing
Products and Services
• Neev created a next generation, web-based, social platform through which users can connect with their
network and with businesses and share ideas and thoughts on products and services.
• The web-based social platform lets users view and review launched or yet-to-be-launched products and
• It allows them to recommend favourites among these with their family, friends and business networks
and also share their experiences while using the products and services. The users can discuss products
and services by joining groups with similar interests.
• Businesses benefit from a crowd sourced feedback platform on improving their products/services and
also ideas on coming up with new products/services.
• The platform allows users to connect with public figures and follow the products and services they use
A Social Networking Platform for Reviewing Products and
• KJovi was founded in January, 2012. It is located in New York City, USA.
• KJovi was born with a mission to make life simple by promoting innovation through a feedback
loop algorithm. The KJovi team loves technology and finds delight in connecting and sharing their
talent with the world.
• The goal of Kjovi is to provide users world over with a multimedia platform to boost crowd
innovation and to share their views, recommendations and experiences on products and services
using all forms of media.
• It also aims to provide feedback to businesses in an efficient manner.
The Client - Kjovi
• The client required Neev to develop a social multimedia platform that bridges a long felt gap between
brands and businesses on one hand and consumers on the other.
• Enable users review and recommend their favourite products and services to people in their network. The
users would be able to share their experience about a launched or yet-to-be-launched product or service.
• Users could join groups and discuss about the products/services with people having similar interests.
• Businesses could tap the pool of ideas and suggestions on improvements to existing products/services. The
platform would also help generate new product/service ideas.
• The platform had to allow users connect with their favourite public figures and follow the products/services
they endorse and use.
• Focus on swift prototyping and a fast go-to-market strategy.
The Business Need
• Team Neev evaluated various social networking platforms available like Elgg, Diaspora and
Social Engine. Open Source Social Networking platform Elgg was chosen.
• Non-Functional requirements like responsiveness of the site were considered and planned
for, early in the development cycle.
• The design pattern, EAV (Entity Attribute Value Model) was used for configurable and
variable attributes of each entity.
• UI/UX design was carried out by in-house team of designers with a special focus on
responsiveness of the site.
• Neev customized Elgg and also developed plugins to suit the requirements.
• Creates a unique platform that connects businesses to consumers.
• Provides businesses with unique marketing tools with a global
reach and a targeted audience.
• Enables businesses to satisfy consumer needs and create effective
go- to-market strategies for their businesses.
• Plug-ins used:
o Social Connect
• Adapting an existing Open Source framework for highly specific
needs of the customer.