On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
• August 22-23, 2011• Held simultaneously in 4 locations - Lincoln, Norfolk, North Platte and Scottsbluff• Open to all public library staff. Up to 3 people per library. 9.5 C.E. Credits.• BTOP library attendees – all costs covered, including hotel and travel
• BTOP PCC Grant – Library Broadband Builds Nebraska Communities• Gates Foundation Grant – increase E-rate participation• Technology Planning “boot camps” – help libraries with tech plans• E-rate changed! No more tech plans for Priority 1! Ack!
• Sustainability, Advocacy, Fund Raising, TechAtlas, Filtering, CIPA, Basic intro to E- rate, ADA Software demo• Technology Planning Summer Camp http://nlcblogs.nebraska.gov/tpsc/• BTOP team – 10 NLC staff• TPSC – 3 person team – me, Richard Miller and John Felton• Tech Support – Michael Sauers• Graphic Design – Peter Worth
• Started planning meetings (me, John, Richard) in February, every other week• Reported back to full BTOP team, requested input• 2 day event, speakers (most) in Lincoln, broadcast via GoToWebinar to 3 other locations• Speakers, meeting space and hotels• NLC staff and Library System Admins at remote locations• Website, NLC blog, mailing lists, targeted emails to BTOP libraries
• Evaluations – mixed response – Didn’t have to travel to Lincoln. Yay! – Topics/speakers – good and bad – Disconnect with remote attendees – Technology issues (questions) – Local arrangements (food)