Transcript of "Central City Public Library eReader Lending Program"
Central City Public Library eReader Lending Program
CCPL now offers eReaders for our patrons to borrow – so you can try out eBooks and
explore this new way of reading. These devices each have a variety of popular eBooks
preloaded for your reading pleasure.
Here’s the deal:
1. 2-week loan, and you may renew a device once unless there is a hold by another
2. Limit: one device per person at a time.
3. Do not add or delete ebooks from the eReader. The Library has preloaded a
specific set of eBooks onto each device. Do not add any additional files or items to
the eReader such as photos, documents, etc.
4. Recharge the eReader before you return it to the Library.
5. Return the eReader to the Lending Desk staff directly – do not put it into the
bookdrop, outside or inside, where it could be damaged and lead to replacement
charges on your account.
6. $1 / day late fee if you return the eReader after its due date.
7. Let us know what you think! Email us at email@example.com with your
comments about these devices, eBooks in general, or to make suggestions for other
titles you would like us to load onto these devices.
By checking out an eReader on your library card, you agree to accept full responsibility for
the proper handling, authorized use, and condition of the device until it is checked back in
to the Library. This includes financial responsibility for the retail value of the device and
for any accessories accompanying it if they are lost or damaged.
Replacement Costs: eReader $125
Power cord $ 25
Acknowledgement of eReader Replacement Cost
I,_____________________________________________(print full name), understand
that by checking out an eReader from the Central City Public Library that I am
responsible for the replacement cost of the device and/or its accessories if lost or
damaged. Overdue charges are $1.00 per day. I acknowledge that eReaders are NOT to
be returned in the outside book drop but must be returned to the Central City Public
Library circulation desk when the library is open.
Check-out date/staff initials
Check-in date/staff initials