1. Dina Islamah (2011120012)
2. Dyah Chandra Sukmawati Dewi
3. Riska Dewi (2011120043)
4. Silvi Dyah Damayanti
What is play therapy
• Play therapy is a technique whereby the
child's natural means of expression,
namely play, is used as a therapeutic
method to assist him/her in coping with
emotional stress or trauma.
• Anna Freud (1928, 1964, 1965), Margaret
Lowenfeld (1935, 1970) and Melanie Klein (1961,
– the use of play
• Axline ( 1969)
– Child center played
• Play is the child’s natural medium for self expression
• Moustakas (1953, 1966, 1973, 1981, 1992),
Schaefer (1976, 1986, 1993) and Landreth
Virginia Axline’s eight guiding
• The therapist is genuinely interested in the child and
develops a warm, caring relationship.
• The therapist experiences unqualified acceptance of the
child and does not wish that the child were different some
• The therapist creates a feeling of permissiveness.
• The therapist is always sensitive to the child’s feelings.
• The therapist believes deeply in the child’s capacity to act
responsibly, respects the child’s ability to solve personal
problems, and allows the child to do so.
• The therapist trusts the child’s inner direction and allows
the child to direct his or her own play.
• The therapist does not attempt to hurry the process.
• The therapist establishes only those limits that help the
child accept personal and appropriate relationship
Applying Play therapy in
The objective of play therapy in school setting is
to help children derive benefits from the learning
experiences offered in schools.
• Child Centered Play Therapy with High Risk
• Child Centered Play Therapy with Aggressive
• Child Centered Play Therapy with Shy,
• Child Centered Group Play Therapy
• Build children’s creativity
• Children learn how to express their feelings
• It helps children to explore and practice social
• It facilitates the development of problem-
• Playing with dolls so acting with dolls
• Not all games can be implement in play
• Saat ada anak yang tidak mau belajar dengan
teori atau metode ceramah. Seperti belajar
berhitung, lalu konselor mengajak anak
tersebut bermain seperti mengumpulkan
pensil lalu bermain berhitung dengan
menghitung pensil tersebut dengan
permainan. Sehinggga anak menjadi tertarik
untuk belajar berhitung lewat permainan.