• To understand the purpose of a regulating
body such as thePCC, its role and who it
What do we already know aboutPress
• Spider diagram ways that you know the press
may be regulated
– Think about a range of media to view print
• How effective do you think that regulation is?
Who regulate the press in the UK?
• Task: Use the PCC website to help you create a
short presentation on the regulating body of the
press in the UK
• Research into PCC
Who are they?
Why do they regulate the press?
How long have they been regulatingthe press?
How do they regulate the press? E.g. Editors’ code of
– How do they use the code to regulate the press?
Building case studies
• Use the internet to research a range of
historical examples of the press being
• HWK – upload to the blog information on 2
examples of historical regulation of the press
(own words not copied from site)
• Try to show how the code was used
• What action was taken by the PCC and subsequently
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.