1. A Kodak moment, or the collapse of the American dream?
3. The awakening of Lester Burnham
4. “ See the way the handle on her pruning shears matches her gardening clogs? That’s not an accident.”
5. “ Janie’s a pretty typical teenager. Angry, insecure, confused. I wish I could tell her that’s all going to change, but I don’t want to lie to her.”
7. LESTER BURNHAM Behind closed doors...
8. “ Both my wife and daughter think I’m this gigantic loser… and they’re right. I have lost something. I’m not exactly sure what it is but I know I didn’t always feel this… sedated. But you know what? Its never too late to get it back.”
9. “ I’m just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose.”
10. If you woke up this morning with more health than illness you are more fortunate than the million who won’t survive the week.
11. If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 20 million people around the world .
12. If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep you are richer than 75% of this world .
14. … and If you can read this message, you are more fortunate that over 2 billion people in the world that cannot read anything at all. If your parents are still married and alive, you are very, very rare, especially in the Unites States