1. International Maritime Health Association Dr. Suresh Idnani President IMHA
2. IMHA• Association of professionals committed to improve the health of seafarers.• Health protection, promotion & treatment.• Ethics, equity and evidence based research.• Workshops, training, journal, newsletter and symposia.
3. • IMHA AIMS AND OBJECTIVES• Promote maritime safety• Encouraging scientific research• Promote exchange of ideas and results of research with stakeholders.• Assist with International coordination.• Recognize action to safeguard SH rests with IMO, ILO, WHO, Seafarers and Ship owners organizations.
4. • Promotion of seafarers career and welfare.• Reducing the risk of accidents and ill health on board.• Treatment of occupational illnesses and accidents at sea.• Promote the development of quality international medical services in consultation with stakeholders.• Meeting passenger health needs
5. Existing Projects• International Relations: ILO, IMO, WHO, IST, ITF, ICSW, ICMA, IMEC• Membership: >250 members, >50 countries, Newsletter, IMH journal, Workshops, Symposia, Conferences, International and National meetings• Workshops: Q/A, D&A, Infectious diseases, Ship medical chest, Telemedicine, Mental health, Collating evidence-report• Work Groups: Medical Standards, QA in Maritime Health, Crew Nutrition• Refeering research
6. Ongoing,New& Future Projects• Telemedicine – ESA Project• Handbook for Medical Examiners• Scoping of project on prevention of occupational accidents and injuries• Global partnership on HIV in the maritime sector• ICSW &IMHA bridging Seafarers Health & Welfare• Future projects• Mental Health with MPHRP• Q/A in telemedicine, port medicine,repatriations,• occupational health services.• prevention of occupational accidents and injuries• prevention of occupational diseases
7. Maritime Health &Seafarer’s Welfare- How partnerships Work.• IMHA & ICSW MoU to Bridge the Gap.• Safeguarded and Improved,• Quality information on Health aspects of SW.• Expertise & Communications networks of I&I.• Foster Investigation & solutions.• Work Together to improve the life of the Seafarer.• Joint projects – beneficial & cost effective.
8. IMHA & ICSW Cooperation• Global Partnership to address HIV in Seafarers• Maritime Piracy Humanitarian Response Programme• Regional Work Programme• Seafarers Health Information Programme• IMHA ICMA Cooperation at Port ,National and Regional level.