12 Top TipsSchool Technology Funding Nancy Caramanico Technology and Education Specialist July, 2012
1. Heed The Research Change is a Constant Image, Pew
Horizon ReportTechnologies to Watch1 Year or Less – Mobile Apps1 Year or Less – Tablet Computing2-3 Years – Game Based Learning2-3 Years – Learning Analytics4-5 Years – Gesture Based Computing4-5 Years – The Internet of Things http://horizon.wiki.nmc.org http://ncara.edublogs.org/2012/02/09/emerging -technologies-to-watch-2012/
2. Tune in to Digital Learning Needs One to One Netbooks, Ipads, Tablets Ebooks, Online Access Everywhere access, Wireless Video Conferencing Projection Systems, Smart Systems, Apple TV Web Services, LMS, Websites and Social Media Support Professional Development Apps, Software
3. Build a Team Technology Teams Administrators - Visioning Community Members - Resources Parents – Loyalty, Resources Teachers – Ideas, Needs, Buy in Student Teams – Real Life Applications
4. Make a Plan5. Create Smart Goals• Technology Plan• Make a Difference• Smart Goals
6. Dig In to Grant Resources Foundation Center – Site and Newsletter Guidestar – Funder Resources Grant Space via Foundation Center (Search areas for free Foundation Center access) – Find Us Technology Grant - News and Resources
7. Aim For Quality, Free Access –Foundation Center
8. Jog the Web Funding Sources K-12 Grants – K12Grants.org E-School News – Funding Page Specific Tech Companies have offerings – Acer Tech and Learning Grants Directory – 2012-2013 Non Profit Technology Network US Government – Funding Pages Collection – Sheryl Abshire All #TechFunding Links in presentation - Diigo
9. Tell Your Compelling Story Tell the local community about your Technology Needs Tell Alumni and give them options for giving Sponsor a Smart Classroom, Sponsor a Net Classroom (example community ask)
Thank You! Best wishes in your search for Technology Funding Nancy Caramanico Technology and Education Specialist, Consulting and Professional Development email@example.com www.caratechnology.net Blog http://ncara.edublogs.org Twitter @ncara
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.