Whit is Promotional Mix?
• The Promotional mix is a combination of the
different types of promotion.
• Promotion keeps the product in the minds of
the customer and helps stimulate demand for
• The ongoing activities of advertising, sales
promotion, Public Relations ,personal selling
and direct marketing are often considered
aspects of promotion.
• Any paid form of non-personal presentation and
promotion of ideas, goods, or services.
• Reaches large, geographically dispersed
audiences, often with high frequency.
• Impersonal; one-way communication
• The major tools are:
Internet & Website
• Short-term incentives to encourage the purchase
or sale of a product or services.
• Makes use of a variety of formats: Discounts,
premiums, coupons, contests, etc.
• Attracts attention, offers strong purchase
• Not effective at building long-term brand
• Stimulates quick response.
• Building good relationships with the
company’s various publics (stakeholders,)
building up a good corporate image.
• The major tools are Press Releases,
Sponsorships , Special Events, Web Pages.
• To enhance the positive aspects and
minimize negative factors related to products
• The personal presentation by the firm’s sales
force for the purpose of making sales and
building strong customer relationships.
• Most effective tool for building buyers
preferences, convictions, and actions.
• Personal interaction allows for feedback and
• Involves making direct connections with
carefully targeted individual consumers to both
obtain an immediate response and cultivate
lasting customer relationships.
• Many forms: Telephone marketing, direct mail,
online marketing, etc.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.