Alternative learning system in the philippines presentation transcript
Alternative Learning System in the PhilippinesPresentation Transcript
1. Republic of the Philippines Region III – Central Luzon TARLAC STATE
UNIVERSITY Tarlac CityEDUARDO A. PANTIG JR. MaEd - TLE
benefits those who cannot afford formal schooling and follows whatever is
their available schedule
the 3rd bureau of Dep Ed
is a free education
program implemented by the Dep Ed 2. What is ALS?
provides a viable alternative to the existing formal education instruction,
encompassing both the non-formal and informal sources of knowledge and
skills. 3. What is ALS?
4. EFA-ALS Vision &Mission With the Bureau of Alternative Learning
System (BALS), by the year 2015, the Philippines envision theattainment of
a universal functional literacy brought about by excellence in non formal
and informal delivery of basic education. The Alternative Learning System
is an instrument to uphold the learners’ aspiration for further learning and
meaningful participation in the community and society as a whole.
5. Target Learners• elementary and secondary school drop- outs• youth
and adults although in-school but over aged for Grade 6 or for 4th year•
unemployed/underemployed OSYs and adults
6. Target Learners• industry-based workers, housewives, maids, factory
workers, drivers• members of cultural minorities/indigenous peoples (IPs)•
persons with disabilities (PWDs)/physically challenged• inmates,
7. DROP-OUT RATE
8. ALS vs. FORMAL
9. ALS vs. FORMAL
10. ALS vs. FORMAL
11. ALS vs. FORMAL
12. ALS vs. FORMAL
13. ALS vs. FORMAL
14. ALS vs. FORMAL
15. Programs & Projects Basic Literacy Program (BLP) - is anintensive
community-based training forilliterate out-of-school youth andadults, who
are willing to learn basicliteracy skills.
16. Programs & Projects FAMILY BASIC LITERACY PROJECT(FBLP) - is
a literacy service learningintervention utilizing literate familymembers to
help non-literate membersupgrade their literacy skills and improvethe
educational opportunities of poorfamilies.
17. Programs & Projects ALS MOBILE TEACHER PROGRAMmakes
education accessible to out-of-school youth and adults in theremote,
deprived, depressed andunderserved (DDU) difficult to reachcommunities.
18. Programs & Projects ADOLESCENT FRIENDLY
LITERACYENHANCEMENT PROJECT (AFLEP) -provides target learners
aged 10-19 yearsold with basic literacy about earlymarriage and parenting,
family planning,drug prevention education, livelihoodprojects, health
education andenvironmental education.
19. Programs & Projects Balik-Paaralan para sa Out-of-SchoolAdults (BPOSA) – is a non formaleducation program for the elementary
andsecondary level of out-of-school-youth andadults delivered in selected
elementaryand secondary schools teachers servingas Instructional
20. Programs & Projects Radio-Based Instruction (RBI) – is analternative
delivery mode of ALSAccreditation and Equivalency (A&E) thatuses radio
broadcast through the localcommunity radio stations.
21. Programs & Projects E-skwela Project – is designed to
provideeLearning opportunities to Filipino Out-of-schoolYouth and Adults
who were not able to avail theopportunities laid by the formal school
systemand would like to finish their basiceducation, where interactive
computer-basedmultimedia learning resources will be the primarysource of
22. Programs & Projects Indigenous Peoples Education Project(IP) – is an
ALS Project that addresses theimmediate needs interests and
aspirationsof the Indigenous Peoples (Ips) throughthe implementation of
culturallyappropriate and rights-based ALSprograms/projects.
23. Programs & Projects Informal Education (InfED) – is aneducation
activity that addresses thespecial needs and interest of themarginalized
and other interest groups oflearners, making use of the life skillsapproach
for personal development.SPECIAL PROJECT
24. Programs & Projects ALS for Differently-Abled (ALS-DAP) –is a special
project that delivers ALSprogram to differently-abled out-of-schoolyouth
and adults through specializedapproaches.
25. Programs & Projects Arabic Language and Islamic ValuesEducation
(ALIVE) – It is a new approach ofdelivering ALS program to the Muslims
OSYs andadults. The program provides core learning withadditional
Islamic concerns consisting of Arabiclanguage and Islamic values in the
learningexperiences of Muslim learners.
26. Programs & ProjectsAccreditation and Equivalency Program(A&E) – is
a certification of learning forOSY and adults aged 11 years old andabove
for elementary and 15 years oldand above in secondary who are unableto
go to or have dropped out of theformal school.
27. ALS A& P
Two levels: - Elementary Level - Secondary Level
TEST FINAL ASSESSMENT AND CERTIFICATION Part II. EssayWriting art I. Multiple-Choice Test
28. Sample A & E Test Result
29. Certificate in the Elementary Level bears the signature of the DepEd
30. Certificate in the Secondary Level bears the signature of the DepEd
31. Options/Opportunities for the ALS A& Learn essential life skills to
participate more fully and actively in the political, social, and economic lives
in the community Enter/re-enter elementary or secondary formal school
Enter/re-enter the world of work
Enter formal training
programs Enter other non formal training programs Enter
college/university E Test Passers
32. Memoranda of Agreementwith other educationalinstitutions and
organizationsthat Secondary Level Passerscan enroll in postsecondaryschools and vocational trainingprograms, college /
universitycourses subject to the usualscreening procedures
33. Civil Service Commission (CSC) Resolution No. 000499Recognizing
the ALS A&EElementary and SecondaryCertificates as validdocuments for
permanentappointment to governmentpositions provided
otherrequirements are met