2. INTRODUCTION Max Bupa Health Insurance Company Ltd. (Max Bupa) is a joint venture between Max India Limited and the UK based healthcare services expert, Bupa.
3. Max Bupa Health Insurance Max Bupa Health Insurance Company Ltd. Has its Registered Office at: Max House, 1 Dr. Jha Marg, Okhla, New Delhi - 110020
4. PRIVATIZATION OF INSURANCECOMPANIES Why was privatization needed?
5. PRIVATIZATION CONTD…………. Role of IRDA More employment More opportunity More funds to the Govt. More speeder and faster expansion
6. PRIVATIZATION CONTD…………. CHALLENGES Rising costs Access to service in rural areas Overuse of procedures and technology
7. PRODUCT AND SERVICES Caring for life through Health Insurance Improving life through Clinical Research
8. Heart Beat •Family First •Family Floater •Individual
9. FamilyFirstUp to 13 personsInsured through:Same amountOrAccording to age
10. Family Floater
11. InternationalMedicalEmergencyPolicy World wide med. claim facility
12. Overall Sum Heart Beat Silver Heart Beat Heart BeatInsured Policy Gold Policy Platinum PolicyInpatient Covered up to sum Covered up to Covered up to sumtreatment insured sum insured insuredHospital Shared room Single private Upgrade to nextAccommodation room levelPre and post Covered up to Covered up to Covered up to sumhospitalization 15% of sum 20% of sum insuredexpenses insured insuredAll Day care Covered up to sum Covered up to sum Covered up to sumprocedures insured insured insuredChild care benefitsMaternity cover Covered up to Rs Covered up to Rs Covered up to Rsup to deliveries 30000 50000 50000New born baby Covered up to sum Covered up to sum Covered up to sumcover insured insured insured
13. Continued………………..Vaccination ofchildren upto 12yrs of age, dietconsultingFurther benefitsOrgan transplant Covered up to Covered up to Covered up to sum insured sum insured sum insuredEmergency Covered at actual Covered at actual Covered at actualambulance costs in Network costs in Network costs in Network hospitals up to hospitals up to hospitals up to Sum Insured Sum Insured Sum InsuredDomiciliary Covered upto Covered upto Covered uptotreatment 15000 50000 250000
14. PRICE Pricing is very important in any insurance as policyholders are attracted towards it more often. Max healthcare has some unique policies which is different from other companies. For eg…….. Heart Beat Policy
15. PLACE Mostly Insurance companies have offices at main locations in cities and towns. But most of the customers buy insurance policies with the help of agents. Therefore place is important but other than place what is more important is wide distribution of policies through banks directly. It is known as Bancassurance.
16. Contd.. Bancassurance is the term used to describe the partnership or relationship between a bank and an insurance company whereby the insurance company uses the bank sales channel in order to sell insurance products.
18. Press ReleasePrintMumbai blasts, special team to supportBack to Press ReleaseDate: 7/14/2011 6:50:20 PMMax Bupa Health Insurance Company offers its sympathies to the families of all citizensaffected by the multiple bomb blasts that occurred in Mumbai on 13th July, 2011. We wish toinform you that we have set up a special team to support all our members in this moment ofcrisis. If any of our members have been affected by this incident please reach out to thefollowing:Mumbai OfficeVaibhav Saxena : Zonal Operations ManagerContact number : 022-33019520Mobile number - +91 7738451515e-mail : email@example.comHead OfficeAmit Bhatia – Contact CentreLandline number (toll free) : 180030103333E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
20. PROCESS The client approaches the insurer through an agent with a proposal containing his personal details, income details, medical history, products. The proposal will go through various stages of approval and risk evaluation by the “Central Processing Centre”.
21. Contd.. The client pays a premium at regular intervals. These subsequent premiums are termed as renewal premiums. During the term of the policy, the client can submit claims. The insurer makes payment against the claim after verification. At the end of the term of the policy, the client gets the sum assured as part of the maturity benefit under health insurance policies.
22. PHYSICAL EVIDENCE INCLUDES Facility design Equipment Signage Employee Dress Tangibles Statements Operating in 190 countries