It is a Japanese martial art form
Involves a variety of techniques, blocks
, strikes, throws etc.
Kara means empty; te means hand,
thus karate means „the way of empty
There are over 45 million practitioners
1. Founder of mordern
2. Born in Okinawa
3. Bought his forms and
style to mainland Japan
4. “The ultimate aim of
karate lies not in victory
and defeat but in the
perception of the
charater of its
- basic traning drills
- pair work or solo exercises
- means forms, is a fight against imaginary enemies, it is
a fixed sequence of moves.
- used in competitions (individual or team)
- means basic form of fighting in competitions with all
equipments, for eg.sparring.
HIERARCHY OF BELTS
• Colour of the belt shows the level of the student.
• Shotokan style belts
USES OF KARATE IN OUR DAILY LIFE
1. As it is said “attack is the best defence”, karate teaches
us the both „attack‟ and the „defence‟.
2. Very useful for women and young girls especially in
3. It makes our life disciplined
4. We can use it to save others, when in need
5. Maintains physical posture
6. Self confidence
7. It aslo makes us flexible
8. It makes our bones and body strongers.