10. Clay mineralsphotographedwith an electronMicroscope.Note: they are plateor flake like andare stacked on topof each other.They are electricallycharged and act likemagnets that attractand hold plantnutrients.
11. What causes soil erosion? Water Wind No Vegetation
12. How did the Canyon Landsof Utah form?
13. What are the FACTORS that make SOIL? TIME 1000’S TO 10,000’S OF YEARS LAY OF THE LAND TOPOGRAPHYLIVING ORGANISMS ANIMALS AND PLANTS CLIMATE HOT/COLD, WIND/RAIN PARENT MATERIAL ROCKS AND MINERALS
14. Physical land features
15. What are some practices Of SOILCONSERVATION? Terracing Strip Cropping Contour Plowing Tilling Wind Breaks Ground Covers
16. Internet Sites• http://www.tx.nrcs.usda.gov/class/sammy.htm