Strengthening Your RHY Proposals with Safe PlacePresentation Transcript
To Strategies for Integrating Safe Place Into your RHY Proposal
RHY is VERYCompetitive How You Use Safe Place isCritical to Your Program Explain theAdvantages that best suit YOU
NEVER ASSUME Write a Thorough Description ONCE: ◦ What SP is ◦ How your agency integrates SP into the BCP/SOP ◦ How Does Safe Place Enhance Your Overall Program (outreach, access, community, etc.) Refer Back to the Description throughout the Proposal as Needed (providing the page #)
A national outreach, education and referral program, providing easily accessible public locations where children and teens are connected to immediate help and safety.
1. It is youth initiated2. Trained responses.3. Standard policies and procedures4. Appropriate service options and referral
You can andshould refer to You are applying the Safe Place for a Basic Center, program in Transitionalseveral areas of Living or Street the proposal. Outreach Grant HOWEVER: You are NOT Remember this is selling Safe only ONE of many Place!! components you will be addressing!
Safe Place is Primarily an Outreach Program Safe Place is NOT your only OutreachUse the Information You Gather to Construct Your Thoughts About Strategies for Placement of theContent Information (application of SP) within the different Criteria.
Criteria 3 (see page 32 of the FOA) requires that the applicant “clearly describe the methods…to determine where Runaway, Homeless and Street Youth congregate in the proposed service area.” Criteria 5 (pg. 33) requires that the applicant provides outcome that increases the youth’s sense of safety, well-being, and self- sufficiency AND increases the number of Permanent Connections.
3. Describe HOW the project model meets the needs of the community. 4. Provide a Staffing Plan (include SP Coord.) 7. Describe Coordination or Service Linkages THINK: ALL MY COMMUNITY! 11. For Start-Ups one aspect is initiating outreach! 12. CLEARLY DESCRIBE HOW OUTREACH TO RHY OR STREET YOUTH WILL BE CONDUCTED!!
20. Describe guarantee access 24/7/365 ◦ THINK: HOW DOES SP ENHANCE THIS? 21. Street Based services (optional) requires ongoing training and on-street supervision.
It’s UniqueYOU ARE ON THE LIST AS A SAFE PLACE It’s Easy ORGANIZATION!!!! It’s National It’s Fast
4. HOW HAVE YOU USED SAFE PLACE TO ENHANCE THE EXPERTISE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF YOUR OVERALL ORGANIZATION IN WORKING WITH RHY? (NOT JUST YOUR BCP!!)
5. HOW ARE MULTIPLE FUNDING STREAMS FROM OTHER ACF GRANTS (i.e. TLP, SOP) UTILIZED TO IMPROVE THE CONTINUUM OF CARE?
9. CONFIDENTIALITY (always include SP volunteers: requirements, training, etc.) THE BIG 4 REQUIRES DATA, DATA AND DATA! PLUS METHODOLOGY AND FREQUENCY OF COLLECTION. PLUS OUTCOMES! = 10. SAFETY, WELL-BEING, SELF-SUFFICIENCY AND PERMANENT CONNECTIONS
1. VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR 4. POSITION DESCRIPTION AND RESUME’ 5. BACKGROUND CHECKS!!!! CRIMINAL HISTORY CHILD ABUSE REGISTRY COMPLIANCE WITH STATE, LOCAL AND OTHER LAWS
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$1. Line Item2.Reasonable, Necessary and Essential Scope of Services (SP/Outreach/VolCoord.)3. Narrative Justification for costs How did you get that amount?4. Any amount going to a partner?
Good Luck !!!! Sue Barton, MHR barton.phillips and associates, inc. email@example.com www.nationalsafeplace.org