2. Water Deficit: Term used to describe a situation wherethe available water within a region is less than theregions demand.
3. Water Pollution What is it?
4. Drinking Water Water pure enough to be consumed or used with low risk of immediate or long term harm. In most developed countries, the water supplied is “drinking water” only a very small proportion is actually consumed or used in food preparation. Typical uses include washing or landscape irrigation.
5. How many of you think the water going to your houseisn’t “drinking water”?
6. How many of you take showers with that water?
7. Today, nearly 1 billion people, 1/7 of the world’s population, do not have access to safe drinking water. disease vectors, pathogens or unacceptable levels of toxins. Drinking or using such water in food preparation leads to widespread acute and chronic illnesses and is a major cause of death and misery in many countries.
8. What can be done? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXepkIWPhFQ