View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
USPUnique Selling Point The Unique SellingPoint or USP is theunique quality orfeature of the productwhich the campaignfocuses on.
Ivory’s unique quality was a result of an accident Harley Procter came up with the name “Ivory" whilelistening to a bible reading at church one morning in 1879Today, the “pure” quality remains an effective strategy
BRAND AWARENESS• aims to create BRAND RECALL- determines the success of the advertising campaign
Public Service Advertisements• advertisements sponsored by private and government agencies which promote value messages PURPOSE?
1. Sex Appeal• Sex is used as a “hook” to catch attention
3. Status Or Snobberylatest models , the most hi-tech qualities, the best performance and will make them appear as necessary .
3. Status Or Snobbery• The packaging of the product or the ambiance of its venue suggest a superior status.• Other fast food chains offer brewed coffee but Starbucks could make it appear that their coffee is of a better quality.
4. ConformitySlogans like “AreYou One of Us?”are veryeffective to preyon your needto belong.
5. Economy• A special offer….Prices have been slashed…. Big savings… Special Promos• These prey on your desire to save money
5. Economy • “Free Stuff” may be attached with these products making you think you’re saving
Common Issues in Media1. Violence2. Sex and Pornography3. Stereotypes: Male/Female4. Alternative Lifestyles5. Truthfulness
Group Research• Form six groups. Assign a leader and an assistant. Each group will be asked to pick one general media issue through drawlots.• Come up with a group research on the picked media issue. The research includes a powerpoint presentation (maximum of 7 slides)
Group ResearchThe content of the report should be the following: Assign a task to each member. 1.Title( Specific Media Issue) 2.Scope( What general media issue?) 3. Background and History 4. Target Market/Audience 5. Pros and Cons 6.Suggested Solutions 7.Images/Videos
Group ResearchWrite on a size 4: Members, Leader,Assistant and assigned task to each. Target Media Issue
CRITERIA FOR GRADING: –Content…………….50 –Clarity………………30 –Organization……..20 –Total……………….100