2. The London Olympic Games became a great event in the
history of England. The Games took place in London from
the 27th of July to the 12th of August in 2012.
3. Opening ceremony
4. 26 sports, featuring 39 disciplines, were contested during the
Games across 34 venues.
5. 8.8 million tickets were available for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
6. About 10,500 athletes from 204 National Olympic Committees
took part in the Games, with 302 medal events being held.
The whole world went to
7. A total workforce of around 200,000 people, including more than 6,000 staffs, 70,000
volunteers and 100,000 contractors, were involved in the Games.
“ It was so interesting in London! ”
8. During the Games, 20 million spectator journeys were made in London, including three
million on the busiest day of the Games.
9. Approximately 14 million meals were served at the Games,
including 45,000 per day in the Olympic Village.
There were only healthy meals for sportsmen in London!
10. Closing ceremony
The London 2012 Olympic Games Closing Ceremony started at 9pm on 12 August 2012 and celebrated the amazing sporting feats of the athletes who had taken part in the Games with the ultimate aftershow party.
At the end of the Ceremony, the Olympic Games were handed over to Rio de Janeiro for the 2016 Olympic Games, and the Olympic Flame was extinguished, signaling the end of the London 2012 Olympic Games.
11. Thank you, London, for happy and
glorious Olympic Games!