4. Objectives• Communicative :Talk about ourselves andothers.• Language:• Simple present.
5. Learning StrategyRecycle learning strategies:1. Following patterns.2. Grouping.
6. 1. Following PatternsWhat? A written model that facilitates communication.How? Steps:1. Look for the interaction model.2. Choose your role.3. Follow the model.4. Try to memorize the model.5. Try to expand the model.Why? To facilitate communication and to improve your perfomance.
7. 2. GroupingWhat? Organizing into groups according to similarcharacteristics.How? Steps:1. Read the expressions that you want to learn.2. Find similarities among them.3. Find a possible general category.4. Label the group and classify the expressions.Why? Because we learn how to organize information better, and it helps us memorize the expressions/questions/words.
8. Task• Find out new information about some of your classmates, by interviewing at least 5 of them. This information should be about their families and hobbies.
9. Steps1. Write five 5 about family and 5 questions about hobbies.2. Classify the questions, by using a chart.3. Stand up.4. Interview at least 5 of your classmates.
10. Family Chart Hobbies1. What’s your mother’s name? 1. What’s your favorite sport?2. 2.3. 3.4. 4.5. 5.
11. Warm up!
12. Steps1. Stand up.2. Interview five classmates, by following the pattern:A: Hi, what’s your name?B: Hi, my name is Emma Hormaza.A: How do you spell your last name?B: H-O-R-M-A-Z-A.A: Ok. Thanks, bye.B: Ok. Thanks, bye.
13. PatternA: Hi, what’s your name?B: Hi, my name is __________________.A: How do you spell your last name?B: _________________.A: Ok. Thanks, bye.B: Ok. Thanks, bye.
14. Steps1. Write down the questions and expressions.2. Draw the chart.3. Classify them.4. Exchange notebooks.5. Check your classmate’s answers.
15. Questions and Expressions• What’s your name?• How do you spell your name?• How are you today?• Hi, I’m Emma.• Andrew, this is Meg.• Meg, this is Andrew.
16. Chart Personal information questions IntroductionsExample: Example:How do you spell your last name? Sara, this is Paula.
17. Check!Personal information questions IntroductionsWhat’s your name? Hi, I’m Emma.How do you spell your name? Andrew, this is Meg.How are you today? Meg, this is Andrew.
18. Wrap up!1. Did we achieve the objectives?2. Did we use today’s learning strategy?3. Did we complete our task?
19. Homework• Workbook. Pages 11, 12 and 13.