HOW DO PEOPLE  USE WATER RESORCES?
Valeria Escobar Gil Ángel WatLer A . Colegio Bennett  5-C  2009-2010 Student Teacher
INDEX Introduction Prior Knowledge General Information Bad use of water resources Good use of water resources How do peopl...
How do people use water resource s?(G.O) Ground water  Ground water (video) Water news Proposals Bibliography Video End Pa...
Intodruction In this booklet we go to talk about how human spent a lot amount of water without considering the damage that...
MY PRIOR KNOWLEDGE
Water resources  are sources of water that are   potentially useful . Uses of water  include agricultural, industrial, hou...
Bad USE OF WATER  RESOUCES Is when people waste water without using it. That's why the water in all the world is finishing...
GOOD USE OF WATER RESOURCES The good use of water resources are when people use water resources but they know to administr...
Water resources  are sources of water that are useful or potentially useful to humans. Uses of water include agricultal,ii...
 
GROUND WATER  Groundwater  is  water  located beneath the ground surface in soil  pore  spaces and in the  fracture  of li...
picture
GROUND WATER VIDEO http :// www.youtube.com / watch?v = Wao - 8zcRiTA & feature = related http :// www.youtube.com / watch...
WATER  NEWS
PROPOSALs Problem: The water in all the world is finishing Objective :Make people to understand that water is an special a...
Problem :Most water of the world is contaminated. Objective: Help people to understand that they have to take care of wate...
BIBLIOGRAPHY I found this information in web pages like:  http :// www.wordreference.com / definition / framework http ://...
VIDEO http :// www.youtube.com / watch?v = jSSPIlYW_Y8 & feature = related
END!!!
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Social st booklet part i

869

Published on

Published in: Technology, Business
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
869
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
12
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
9
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Social st booklet part i

  1. 1. HOW DO PEOPLE USE WATER RESORCES?
  2. 2. Valeria Escobar Gil Ángel WatLer A . Colegio Bennett 5-C 2009-2010 Student Teacher
  3. 3. INDEX Introduction Prior Knowledge General Information Bad use of water resources Good use of water resources How do people use water resource s? Page 4 Page5 Page6 Page 7 Page8 Page9-10 How do people use water resource s? ( main map). Page11
  4. 4. How do people use water resource s?(G.O) Ground water Ground water (video) Water news Proposals Bibliography Video End Page12 Page16-17 Page15 Page18-19 Page20 Page13-14 Page22 Page21
  5. 5. Intodruction In this booklet we go to talk about how human spent a lot amount of water without considering the damage that they are making to them self. But if we get on time account of this damage we can practice some tips about using well the water and valuing these important resource, so we can conserve it for a long time .
  6. 6. MY PRIOR KNOWLEDGE
  7. 7. Water resources  are sources of water that are potentially useful . Uses of water include agricultural, industrial, household, recreational and enviromental activities. Virtually all of these human uses require fresh water. 97% of water on the Earth is salt water, leaving only 3% as fresh water of which slightly thirds is frozen in glaciers and polar ice caps. The remaining unfrozen freshwater is mainly groundwater, with only a small fraction present above ground or in the air. Fresh water is a  renewable resource world's supply of clean, fresh water is steadly Water demand already exceeds supply in many parts of the world and as the word population continues to rise, so too does the water demand . Awarness global importance of preserving water for ecosystem services has only recently emerged as, during the 20th century, more than half the world’swetlands have been lost along with their valuable environmental services. Blodiversity-rich freshwater ecosystems are currently declining faster than marine or land ecosystems. The framework water resources to water users (where such a framework exists) is known as water rights. GENERAL INFORMATION
  8. 8. Bad USE OF WATER RESOUCES Is when people waste water without using it. That's why the water in all the world is finishing. Examples: We can see that somebody was filing a glass but he/she forget to close the valve key. In this picture we can see that a boy is throwing water to a girl.
  9. 9. GOOD USE OF WATER RESOURCES The good use of water resources are when people use water resources but they know to administrate it . Example: In this picture we can see a women drinking water .This is a good use of water because we need water to survive. In this picture we can see a women cooking with her son .This is a good use of water resources because we nneed food to survive.
  10. 10. Water resources  are sources of water that are useful or potentially useful to humans. Uses of water include agricultal,iindustrial, household, recreational  and environmental activities. Virtually all of these human uses require fresh water. 97% of water on the Earth is salt water, leaving only 3% as fresh water of which slightly over two thirds is frozen in glaciers and polar ice cops .  The remaining unfrozen freshwater is mainly found as groundwater, with only a small fraction present above ground or in the air Fresh water is a renewable resource, yet the world's supply of clean, fresh water is steadily decreasing. Water demand exeed in many parts of the world and as the world population continues to rise, so too does the water demand HOW DO PEOPLE USE WATER RESOURCES?
  11. 11.
  12. 13.
  13. 14. GROUND WATER Groundwater  is  water  located beneath the ground surface in soil  pore  spaces and in the  fracture  of lithologic formations. A unit of rock or an unconsolidated deposit is called an  aquifer  when it can yield a usable quantity of water. The depth at which soil pore spaces or fractures and voids in rock become completely saturated with water is called the  water table  Groundwater is echarged from, and eventually flows to, the surface naturally; natural discharge often occurs at  spring  and  seeps and can form  oasis   wetlands Groundwater is also often withdrawn for agricultal, municipal and industrial use by constructing and operating extraction well.
  14. 15. picture
  15. 16. GROUND WATER VIDEO http :// www.youtube.com / watch?v = Wao - 8zcRiTA & feature = related http :// www.youtube.com / watch?v = Iht9WBBXepA & feature = related
  16. 17. WATER NEWS
  17. 18.
  18. 19. PROPOSALs Problem: The water in all the world is finishing Objective :Make people to understand that water is an special and important resources to ours life. Possible Solutions: - showing people tips to solve these problem -$$$ of the government to make campaigns of saving water
  19. 20. Problem :Most water of the world is contaminated. Objective: Help people to understand that they have to take care of water. Possible Solutions : -$$$$ of the government to making recycle campaigns . -Destining an International day for cleaning the water (of : rivers lakes etc…)
  20. 21. BIBLIOGRAPHY I found this information in web pages like: http :// www.wordreference.com / definition / framework http :// www.sahra.arizona.edu / newswatch / http :// www.interleaves.org / ~rteeter / waternews.html http :// www.google.com /
  21. 22. VIDEO http :// www.youtube.com / watch?v = jSSPIlYW_Y8 & feature = related
  22. 23. END!!!
  1. A particular slide catching your eye?

    Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.

×