NHCS Teacher Web Pages
Adding A Scrolling Marquee
To add a Scrolling message (Marquee) on your site, you will need to edit the HTML code. You can
add a marquee to any of your pages that contain a Page Content Editor. These instructions will
walk you through adding a marquee to your Home Page.
1. From your home page, click on Sites Actions – Edit Page.
2. Click in the Page Content Section of the page.
3. Click on the Edit HTML Source button on the toolbar.
4. A new window will open displaying the HTML source.
5. Click at the top of the window and hit ENTER. Your cursor will now be on a blank line.
6. Type the following HTML code on the blank line replacing “Type your text here” With your
<marquee>Type your text here.</marquee>
7. Click on OK to exit the HTML Editor and return to your home page.
8. To format your text, double click on the text so that you get a text box.
9. Now you can highlight and format the text using the toolbar.
10. You should also be able to edit the text from this box as well. Just be careful not to delete
the text box. (That would remove the marquee tag.) Also do not change the dimensions of