What is CPI Trend 2013-2014? See the Char in Narnolia Securities Limited Market Diary 14.03.2014
14th March 2014
Contents Page Coverage ↓
3 UPDATE ↓
4 UPDATE ↓
4 UPDATE ↓
DOW 16108.89 (231.19)
Chart of the Day
Index Action-Nifty (13th, Mar, 14) Mar,14
Name Value Change
Sensex 21774.61 (81.61)
13th Mar, 14
13th Mar, 14 3955.11
Narnolia Securities Ltd.
124, 1st floor 7/1, Lords Sinha Road Kolkata -700071. Ph 033-22821500/01/02/03/04 Mob : 9830013196
email: email@example.com, website : www.narnolia.com
(25.58)EW ALL SHARE 10225.02
11954.98 15,684.62 (3729.64)
Net(Cr.)Investor Buy(Cr.) Sale(Cr.)
Quote of The
"Value stocks are about as exciting as
watching grass grow. But have you ever
noticed just how much your grass grows
in a week?" Christopher Browne
SGX NIFTY : 6487
( 37 pts Down )
Nifty Apr 2014 Future
Nifty Apr 2014 Open Interest 2581150
21 DMA of Spot NIfty GRAPH
VOLATILITY INDEX (VIX)
Nifty (Mar Series) Option OI Distribution:
Activity of Nifty (Mar Series) Strike FIIs Activity (Fig in Cr)
CALL PUT Segment Buy Sell Net
OI % Chng OI % Chng
6200 1997250 -2.8 6310100 -6.3 INDEX FUTURE 1,739 1,813 (74)
6300 2437350 -6.9 5540350 -6.6 INDEX OPTION 13,276 13,413 (137)
6400 3243500 -4.9 6651250 -1.3 STOCK FUTURE 2,541 2,898 (357)
6500 4492850 8.5 5420800 6.1 STOCK OPTION 1,842 1,860 (18)
6600 4645550 3.4 1878300 -4.4 TOTAL 19,398 19,984 (586)
6700 3228150 4.8 597350 -2.7
Fresh Long Seen In (Rising OI -Rising Price) Fresh Shorts Seen In: (Rising OI -Falling Price)
Scrip OI OI ch% CMP Ch% Scrip OI OI ch% CMP Ch%
BPCL 34,52,000 11.4 443.2 7.2 GAIL 32,11,000 20.2 369.2 -0.3
HINDPETRO 70,64,000 11.3 290.5 3.5 SUNPHARMA 83,35,000 19.6 573.6 -5.0
HDFCBANK 211,16,500 11.2 742.3 2.3 INFY 28,77,125 11.5 3357.5 -8.5
RECLTD 33,42,000 10.7 209.5 2.6 GRASIM 5,28,000 5.6 2734.6 -1.3
ONGC 99,74,000 10.1 324.5 2.4 PTC 38,48,000 4.6 60.8 -3.7
PCR (OI) RISING PCR (OI) FALLING
STOCK T1 T2 STOCK T1 T2
HDFC 1.39 0.61 ARVIND 0.31 0.42
ITC 1.07 0.74 HINDPETRO 0.89 1.21
M&M 0.88 0.61 CESC 0.44 0.59
INDIACEM 0.63 0.49 DLF 1.01 1.28
GMRINFRA 0.29 0.23 COLPAL 0.38 0.47
7 DMA of Spot Nifty
PUT CALL RATIO
Nifty Mar 2014 Open Interest
Nifty Mar 2014 Future
50 DMA of Spot Nifty
Top Performers 1D % Change Top Performers 1W % Change
CANDC 20.00 VASCONEQ 54.41 V2RETAIL 94.14
TRIVENI 14.84 CINEPRO 47.36 SPECTACLE 71.64
PGEL 13.39 CCCL 45.71 GLOBALVECT 69.09
SIMBHSUGAR 13.21 NET4 45.45 GLOBOFFS 68.41
RANASUG 12.80 KGL 45.00 YBRANTDIGI 67.17
PRITI (37.59) PRITI (27.98) SUNDARAM (72.02)
RADHEDE (9.81) SUNDARAM (22.31) KAVVERITEL (46.72)
JRG (9.32) KAVVERITEL (21.97) MAHAPOL (45.73)
VIJSHAN (9.11) AANJANEYA (20.55) REISIXTEN (45.56)
CALSREF (9.09) VAARAD (20.32) STRAUSIND (36.17)
Top Price Performers
Worst Price Performers
• Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd is recalling about 58,656 bottles of the heartburn drug lansoprazole in the United States due to a microbial
contamination : the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said
Top News :
• Allcargo Mgt Guideline : Mgt says Jan-March quarter is always slower at a global level than the rest of the year. But overall, at a global level,
there will be a 7-10% growth in volumes
• U.S. Commerce Department said that retail sales inched up by a seasonally adjusted 0.3% last month, beating expectations for a 0.2% increase.
Retail sales for January were revised down to a 0.6% decline from a previously reported fall of 0.4%.
• The U.S. Department of Labor said the number of individuals filing for initial jobless benefits in the week ending March 7 fell by 9,000 to a
seasonally adjusted 315,000 from the previous week’s revised total of 324,000.
• Corporation Bank launched a secure EMV Compliant Forex Travel Card, in partnership with Tomas Cook (India) Ltd., and Master Card, for the
benefit of Indians travelling abroad for business and/or leisure.
• India Ratings has upgraded private sector lender ING Vysya Bank's rating by a notch on better capitalisation levels and stronger provisioning
done in the past. Apart from upgrading the rating to 'IND AA' from 'IND AA-', it also gave a stable outlook on the rating.
• China's industrial output rose 8.6% in the first two months of 2014 from a year earlier, the National Bureau of Statistics said on Thursday,
missing market expectations for a 9.5% rise.
• Indian Sugar mills produced 16.86 million tonnes in the first five months of the 2013-14 season that started on October 1, down 10.5 percent
from last year .
• Raising concerns about its growth guidance, Murthy said Infosys hasn’t been able to cash in on the rupee depreciation and operating margins
for the year to date stand at 23.5 percent. Murthy expect to be somewhere between 11.5 percent and 12 percent in our revenue growth.
• Transformers and Rectifiers (India) Ltd is supplying 20 Nos. of 500 MVA, 1-Phase, 765 kV class transformers to State owned, transmission utility
company in India, POWERGRID. The supply includes Erection & Commissioning. The first 3 units forming a bank of 1500 MVA, 765 kV transformers
manufactured by T&R have been commissioned successfully at Nellore substation of POWERGRID located in Andhra Pradesh, India.
• The Income Tax officials carried out the search at the registered office and some factories and also the residence of the whole-time directors
of Hatsun Agro from March 11 till the early morning hours of today, the filing added.
• KLRF Ltd has decided to shut down the operations of "KLRF Textiles Unit-II", a Textile Unit of the Company with effect from March 13, 2014 and
it has also been proposed to dispose off the whole of the said undertaking after obtaining necessary approval of the members by way of passing a
special resolution pursuant to Section 180(1) of the Companies Act, 2013 through postal ballot as required under Section 192A of the Companies
Act, 1956 read with Companies (Passing of the Resolution by Postal Ballot) Rules, 2011.
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
10-Mar-14 11-Mar-14 12-Mar-14 13-Mar-14 14-Mar-14
JOLTS Job Openings , Wholesale
Inventories m/m .
Crude Oil Inventories , 10-y Bond Auction ,
Federal Budget Balance .
Core Retail Sales m/m , Retail Sales m/m ,
Unemployment Claims , Import Prices m/m ,
Business Inventories m/m .
PPI m/m , Core PPI m/m , Prelim UoM
Consumer Sentiment ,Prelim UoM
Inflation Expectations .
French Industrial Production m/m ,
German 10-y Bond Auction , BRC
Retail Sales Monitor y/y .
German Trade Balance , Manufacturing
Production m/m , Industrial Production
Trade Balance , Industrial Production m/m
French CPI m/m , ECB Monthly Bulletin ,
Inflation Report Hearings .
Italian 10-y Bond Auction .
INDIA Trade Data IIP Data , CPI WPI Data .
Narnolia Securities Ltd
402, 4th floor 7/ 1, Lords Sinha Road Kolkata 700071, Ph
033-32011233 Toll Free no : 1-800-345-4000
website : www.narnolia.com
Risk Disclosure & Disclaimer: This report/message is for the personal information of
the authorized recipient and does not construe to be any investment, legal or taxation
advice to you. Narnolia Securities Ltd. (Hereinafter referred as NSL) is not soliciting any
action based upon it. This report/message is not for public distribution and has been
furnished to you solely for your information and should not be reproduced or
redistributed to any other person in any from. The report/message is based upon publicly
available information, findings of our research wing “East wind” & information that we
consider reliable, but we do not represent that it is accurate or complete and we do not
provide any express or implied warranty of any kind, and also these are subject to change
without notice. The recipients of this report should rely on their own investigations,
should use their own judgment for taking any investment decisions keeping in mind that
past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance & that the the value of
any investment or income are subject to market and other risks. Further it will be safe to
assume that NSL and /or its Group or associate Companies, their Directors, affiliates
and/or employees may have interests/ positions, financial or otherwise, individually or
otherwise in the recommended/mentioned securities/mutual funds/ model funds and
other investment products which may be added or disposed including & other mentioned
in this report/message.