Transcript of "See the Chart of Indian Bond Mkt & Sensex Trend in Narnolia Securities Limited Market Diary 26.02.2014"
26TH Feb 2014
SGX NIFTY : 6202
( 8 pts Down )
Quote of The Day
"The only time to buy that which you don't
understand, is on the day with no 'y' in it."
EW ALL SHARE
Chart of the Day
Indian Bond Mkt & Sensex Trend
Index Action-Nifty (25th, Feb, 14)
Narnolia Securities Ltd.
124, 1st floor 7/1, Lords Sinha Road Kolkata -700071. Ph 033-22821500/01/02/03/04 Mob : 9830013196
email: email@example.com, website : www.narnolia.com
Nifty Feb 2013 Future
Nifty Mar 2013 Future
Nifty Feb 2013 Open Interest
Nifty Mar 2013 Open Interest
7 DMA of Spot Nifty
21 DMA of Spot NIfty
50 DMA of Spot Nifty
VOLATILITY INDEX (VIX)
PUT CALL RATIO
Nifty (Feb Series) Option OI Distribution:
Activity of Nifty (Feb Series) Strike
Fresh Long Seen In (Rising OI -Rising Price)
PCR (OI) RISING
FIIs Activity (Fig in Cr)
Fresh Shorts Seen In: (Rising OI -Falling Price)
PCR (OI) FALLING
Top Price Performers
Top Performers 1D
Top Performers 1W
Worst Price Performers
Top News :
• NTPC Ltd has informed that a Memorandum of Understanding has been signed amongst Bihar State Power Generation Company Limited
(BSPGCL), NTPC Limited and Lakhisarai Bijlee Company Private Limited (LBCPL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of BSPGCL, on February 22, 2014 to
take over LBCPL by NTPC after contributing 74% of share of investment divested by BSPGCL for setting up Lakhisarai Thermal Power Project
(2X660 MW) near village Kajra, District Lakhisarai, Bihar under joint venture route. Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) in exercise of
powers conferred under section 178 of the Electricity Act, 2003 has issued CERC (Terms and conditions of tariff) Regulations, 2014 which shall
come into force w.e.f. April 01, 2014 and shall remain in force for a period of 5 years from the date of commencement. Some of the important
provisions of the regulations computation are as follows
1. Rate of return has been retained at 15.5% which will be grossed up with effective
tax rate as per Regulation 25 of the said Regulations
2.Additional RoE of 0.5% subject to certain conditions 3. Rate of Depreciation as per Companies Act for the first 12 years 4 O&M charges have
been increased based on past actual expenditure 5. Any generation beyond 85% PLF level will qualify for incentive @ Rs. 0.50 per kWh . 6.A copy
of the regulations is available on the website of CERC i.e. at www.cercind.gov.in
• National Fertilizers Ltd has informed that National Fertilizers Limited (NFL), Nangal Unit (Punjab) is under shutdown for annual maintenance
w.e.f. January 17, 2014. Plant is expected to resume production by 1st week of March, 2014.
• JSW Steel has increased prices of its products by up to Rs 750 per tonne, or about 1 percent, across the board for March, its third hike in three
months. Other producers such as SAIL , Essar Steel, Rashtriya Ispat Nigam and Jindal Steel and Power are also expected to hike prices in the
coming days due to rise in input costs, increasing international rates of steel and demand uptick in the current quarter
• The new gas price from April 1 is likely at USD 7.6-8/mmbtu, and not USD 8.4/mmbtu. The government had approved a new formula for
calculating the price of gas in June, which was to take it to about USD 8.4 per million British thermal units from USD 4.2
• Piccadily Agro Industries has purchased 89 percent shareholding of M/s. Nirvana Biosys (P) Ltd, which has become a subsidiary of Piccadily Agro
• Kinetic Engineering (KEL) announced that it has sold its entire shareholding in Mahindra Two Wheelers Limited (MTWL) to Samena Capital, a
Private Equity Investment Group focused on Asia and Middle east.
• U.S. consumer confidence Board, a market research group said its index of consumer confidence declined to 78.1 this month from a reading
of 79.4 in January, whose figure was revised down from a previously reported 80.7. Analysts had expected the index to inch up to 80.0 in
• Standard & Poor’s with Case-Shiller said its house price index rose at an annualized rate of 13.4% in December from a year earlier, compared
to forecasts for a 13.3 gain and following a rise of 13.7% in November.
• Italian National Institute of Statistics said that Italian Consumer Confidence rose to 97.5, from 98.0 in the preceding month. Analysts had
expected Italian Consumer Confidence to rise 98.5 last month.
Management Tweets :
• Heidelberg Cement Mgt Guideline : Company says the recent prices hikes that the company has undertaken, Rs 15-20 per cement bag, has
been done over a period of time since January 2014. These hikes will not aid the cement major’s margins . The higher pet coke (used as a fuel in
manufacturing cement) prices will be restricting our EBITDA gains despite the price hikes . The company will see 100 percent capacity utilization in
• Ashoka Buildcon Mgt Guideline : Company has emerged as the lowest bidder for Rs 292-crore road projects in Maharashtra by the Ministry of
Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) for upgrading two highway stretches in the state. The timeline of execution for the project is
approximately two years, with an EBITDA expectation of 10-11 percent, which is lower than the margins they generally clock in. In the previous
quarter, Ashoka Buildcon managed margins at 22 percent.
• Dhanuka Agritech Mgt Guideline : The commissioning of the new manufacturing plant in Rajasthan will be in fourth quarter of the next
financial year that is in Jan-March 2015 . Once the production gets streamlined, the company expects Rs 500 crore revenue from the same .
Commenting on the capex plans for FY15, he said around Rs 50 crore of expansion for Rajasthan facility is planned, from internal accruals. 30% of
the capex will be invested in current financial year and the rest in the next financial year. The company as of now is debt-free except working
capital requirements funded by banks
Result Calendar Q3FY14
S&P/CS Composite-20 HPI y/y , HPI
m/m , CB Consumer Confidence ,
Richmond Manufacturing Index .
New Home Sales , Crude Oil Inventories .
Core Durable Goods Orders m/m ,
Unemployment Claims , Durable Goods
Orders m/m , Natural Gas Storage .
Chicago PMI , Revised UoM Consumer
Sentiment , Revised UoM Inflation
Expectations , Pending Home Sales m/m .
German Retail Sales m/m , German
GfK German Consumer Climate , German
Import Prices m/m , Nationwide HPI m/m
German Ifo Business Climate , CPI y/y Inflation Report Hearings , German Final Prelim CPI m/m , Second Estimate GDP q/q German Unemployment Change , M3 Money
, French Consumer Spending m/m ,
, Core CPI y/y .
GDP q/q .
, Prelim Business Investment q/q , Index of Supply y/y , Private Loans y/y , Retail PMI . Italian Monthly Unemployment Rate , Net
Services 3m/3m , Italian Prelim CPI m/m .
Lending to Individuals m/m , CPI Flash
Estimate y/y , Unemployment Rate .
Foreign Reserves , GDP Growth Rate YoY.
N arnolia Securities Ltd
402, 4th floor 7/ 1, Lord s Sinha Road Kolkata 700071, Ph
033-32011233 Toll Free no : 1-800-345-4000
em ail: firstname.lastname@example.org ,
w ebsite : w w w .narnolia.com
Risk Disclosure & Disclaimer: This report/message is for the personal information of
the authorized recipient and does not construe to be any investment, legal or taxation
advice to you. Narnolia Securities Ltd. (Hereinafter referred as NSL) is not soliciting any
action based upon it. This report/message is not for public distribution and has been
furnished to you solely for your information and should not be reproduced or
redistributed to any other person in any from. The report/message is based upon publicly
available information, findings of our research wing “East wind” & information that we
consider reliable, but we do not represent that it is accurate or complete and we do not
provide any express or implied warranty of any kind, and also these are subject to change
without notice. The recipients of this report should rely on their own investigations,
should use their own judgment for taking any investment decisions keeping in mind that
past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance & that the the value of
any investment or income are subject to market and other risks. Further it will be safe to
assume that NSL and /or its Group or associate Companies, their Directors, affiliates
and/or employees may have interests/ positions, financial or otherwise, individually or
otherwise in the recommended/mentioned securities/mutual funds/ model funds and
other investment products which may be added or disposed including & other mentioned
in this report/message.