• Assumes mitigation efforts have failed.
• If mitigation strategies has been followed,
– Backup is available
– Documentation is available
– Knowledge has been dispersed across the team.
• “get up to speed”
• “knowledge transfer mode”
• “commentary documents”
• RMMM increases both cost and schedule.
– Ex, “backup”
– Large project, 30-40 risks
• Pareto 80-20 rule.
• Risk may occur during maintenance.
• Documents all work performed as part of risk analysis.
• Used by project manager as part of overall project plan
• Risk Information Sheet(RIS)
– Maintained using a database system.
• Risk mitigation :
– Achieved by developing a plan.
• Primary objectives of monitoring are:
– To assess whether predicted risks do, in fact, occur.
– To ensure that risk aversion steps defined for the risk are being
– To collect information that can be used for future risk analysis.
• RIS contains the following information
Risk ID, Date, Probability & Impact
Originator & Assigned (to whom) information