1. In Spain the 25th of November is the International Day Against Gender Violence.
2. INFORMATION - In which way do we abuse women? - What are the characteristics of the abuse of women? - How do we realize that a woman is being abused? - What are the most common feelings that are generated in the victim? - What are the characteristics of the perpetrators?TYPES OF ABUSE - Physical violence - Psychological violence - Economic violence - Sexual violence and sexual abuseREAL CASES
3. -How do we abuse women?The abuse of women is defined as any kind of violent behavior hon a woman by a man who has (or has had) an intimaterelationship with her. This behaviour includes physical abuse,sexual and emotional as well as economic control and isolationof the victim.-What are the characteristics of the abuse of women?The abuse of women is to be understood as a chronic disease.While there are isolated cases of women as victims of abuse bytheir partners fail to stop, in most cases the violence persists overtime and is part of daily life in the couple.-How do we realize that a woman is being abused?The victim may present physical symptoms or psychologicaldistress. The most common are:
4. a) Anxiety, anger, depression, feelings of helplessness, suicide attempts and sleeplessness;b) Drug abuse and eating disorders;c) Discomfort in the body as chronic abdominal pain, headache, tiredness, etc.. not improve with treatment,d) Gynecological problems.
5. -What are the most common feelings that aregenerated in the victim?Many victims try to find a reason why they arebattered and used phrases like "I must havedone something to make it happen", "I deserveit", "it is my destiny," "I chose it" etc..They are living in a permanent state ofsubjugation and being unable to react or tohave a favorable response to the attack. Theyhave a lot of shame and fear.They tend to minimize violence with phraseslike" not so bad "," not so often "," only gave mea slap.Most of these women believe, however, thattheir partners "will change someday."
6. -What are the characteristics of the perpetrators?They are narrow-minded individuals who do notusually listen to other people. They perceive theirwives’ behaviour as provocative, and observeevery detail .On the contrary, it is extremely difficult for them toobserve themselves and often confuse fear withanger, and insecurity with anger. They justify it bysaying that the consequences of violence are notso great, as if they were the causes that provokedit. They deny the abuse and blame others.They behave very differently in public than inprivate (social behavior is usually friendly andseductive), when they are questioned they deny orminimize their violence or argue that it is thewoman who provokes. In general, abusers have difficulty expressing theirfeelings, they do not respect the rights andopinions of others.
7. They show disrespect: interrupt whenquestioned, change the subject, do notlisten, do not respond, change thewords, humiliate the victim.These are pressure tactics used onwomen: generating guilt, intimidate,threaten, withhold money, handled thechildren. There is "abuse of authority",they take the big decisions on theirown, they say what needs to be done.They usually have a history of episodes ofabuse or witnessed violence in theirchildhood home.
8.  Physical violence, including all acts of force against the body of the woman, with a result or risk of producing physical injury or damage exerted by who is or was a spouse or is or has been linked to by similar relationship, even without cohabitation.. Psychological violence, including any behavior, verbal or nonverbal, that occurs in women suffering impairment or through threats, humiliation or abuse, demand obedience or submission, insults, isolation, guilt or limitations of the scope of freedom exercised by who is or has been connected to it by similar relationship, even without cohabitation..
9.  Economic violence, including the intentional deprivation, and not legally justified, resources for physical or psychological well-being of women and their children or discrimination in the provision of shared resources in the area of ​the couple. Sexual violence and sexual abuse, including any act of forced sexual nature by the aggressor or not consented to by the woman, covering the imposition by force or intimidation, non-consensual sex, and sexual abuse, regardless the relationship, with the victim.
10. There are actual cases that have happened in Spain in 2012: Madrid 19/11/2012: Killed a woman of 20 years at the hands of her partner in Parla. Madrid 07/11/2012: woman dies after a beating and your partner pulls a ninth floor. Coruña 06/11/2012 : Kill his wife, burning home and then hangs himself in a parish. Zaragoza 29/10/2012 Halts the husband of a missing woman in connection with the discovery of human remains. Albacete 22/10/2012 1: The murderer of the Salobral suicide after the siege of the Civil Guard. Mallorca 16/10/2012 Halts the husband of the missing woman in Canyamel after finding her body in the garden of his house. Tarragona 16/10/2012: Arrested a man of 78 years in Tarragona on suspicion of his wifes death. Torrevieja (Alicante) 16/10/2012: Found a dead woman on the floor who had sold her girlfriend.
11.  Jaen 15/10/2012: a young woman dies after fire in Úbeda and stop her husband as suspect. Leon 03/10/2012: A woman dies after being struck with a hammer by her ex-partner. Madrid 28/09/2012: Found the corpse of an elderly woman in her apartment in Madrid, which was stirred. Zaragoza 24/09/2012: Police looking for a woman allegedly killed by her partner. Granada 21/09/2012 : a lawyer found dead in the trunk of a burned car. Barcelona 12/09/2012 : New victim of domestic violence.
12.  Madrid 24/08/2012: He kills his girlfriend and was arrested in France after attempting suicide. Bilbao 07/08/2012: "They gave it everything. And killed her “. Valencia 26/07/2012: Death of a woman 53 years his partner stabbed. Santa Cruz de Tenerife 23/07/2012: a woman dies in a new domestic violence murder. Madrid 23/07/2012: A woman of 56 years died, allegedly killed by her partner. Las Palmas10/07/2012: A man kills his son and crashes his car with him in view of his wife.
13. The endMade by: Carolina Masip Pérez y Aitana Bandera Pérez 2ºBACH C