Backing up My Data
By Nainil Chheda
• No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or
for any purpose without the express permission of Nainil Chheda
(firstname.lastname@example.org). The information contained herein may be changed
without prior notice.
• Data contained in this document serves informational purposes only.
• The information in this document is proprietary to Nainil Chheda. This
document is a preliminary version and not subject to other agreement with
Nainil Chheda. Nainil assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this
document. Nainil does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the
information, text, graphics, links, or other items contained within this material.
Nainil shall have no liability for damages of any kind including without
limitation direct, special, indirect, or consequential damages that may result
from the use of these materials.
• Please refer to http://www.nainil.com/research if you use any part of this
presentation after consulting with Nainil Chheda.
1. Electronic items are prone to failures.
2. Data loss or corruption is one of the outcomes
of a technical failure.
3. Time, Effort and Money has been invested in
your data. You do not want to loose it.
Some Backup Tips
– Know What To Backup
– Schedule your Backups
– Find a Storage Medium
– Perform a Restore
• Off-Site Storage • Flash Drive
• External HDD • CD/DVD/Tape Drive
• Shared Drive on your
A list of items which I Backup
• 1. Emails (Work & Personal)
• 2. Important Work/Personal Folders
• 3. My Music
• 4. My eBooks
• 5. My AudioBooks
• 6. My Pictures
• 7. My Videos
• 8. My Received Podcasts
• 9. My BookMarks/Favorites
• 10. My Contacts (Address Book)
• 11. My Calendar
• 12. My Purchased/Downloaded Softwares/Device Drivers
• 13. My Scanned Documents
• 14. A Snapshot (PrintScreen) of all the Installed Programs (to identify which programs
to install into a new system incase of a computer failure)
If you do not have any data backup,
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.