• Radio telescope• It is operated by Cornell University• National Astronomy and Ionosphere Center
• It is spherical reflector• The receiver is moved to intercept signals• A parabolic mirror would induce a varying astigmatism• Scientific discoveries• The dish equivalent to 305 meters• A film titled A Day at the Arecibo Observatory
Estimated Travel Time is 1 hour, 30 minutes ( miles are aproximate )1. Begin at Luis Muñoz Marin International Airport......Go west for 0.9 miles2. Bear right and go on for 0.3 miles3. Bear right to go onto Rt. 26 ( Carr. 26 ) ( you will see Embassy Suites on your right ) continue West for 3.3 miles4. Bear right ( inmediately after passing under bridge road ) and follow for 0.3 miles. You will now be passing through Minillas Tunnel.5. Continue on Rt. ( 22 ) ( Expreso De Diego ) West for 47.1 miles6. Turn Right on Exit 77B to Rt ( 129 ) towards ( Lares ) ( second exit ) and follow for 500 feet
7. You will now be on Rt. ( 129 ) Southwest.. Go on for aprox. 2.6 miles8. Turn left on Rt. ( 635 ) ( Texaco Gas Station ) and follow for aprox. 1.24 miles9. Turn right on crossroad to keep on ( 635 ) and follow for aprox. 3.6 miles10. Turn right to continue on Rt. ( 635 ) for 0.5 miles11. Turn left on ( 625 ) ( cemetary ) and go on for aprox. 3.0 miles12. Continue until you arrive to the Arecibo Observatory Main Gate
• Where we were making the research for this project, we notice that they don’t have an advertisement camping. We found just one article on the news paper “Primera hora”.• http://www.primerahora.com/observatoriodeare cibo-travesias-suplemento-nota-74054.html
• Regularly, the facility is open from 9:00 am until 4:00 p.m. during the weekends and most holidays.• Also, Wednesday through Friday are school groups.• The cost for adults is $5 and children under 10 or adults over 65 pay only $3.• For more information call (787) 878-2612.
• Make a rafal , to search a minimum of 5 students to get with the workers in the platform .• Put new signs on the roads to get to the location more easy .
• The Arecibo Observatory is a radio telescope is with a lot to offer we recommend doing a very aggressive advertising campign. Announcement on TV, magazines, billboards’, so the people making offers and go get interested.