The power and flexibility of Drupal's taxonomy (classification) system is one thing that sets it apart from other CMSs. Yet many Drupal builders fail to fully harness what Drupal gives them in taxonomy. This session will help you get the most from it.
- Introduction to taxonomy: what it is.
- Clearing up some terminology: what it means.
- Current uses, by Drupal core modules, by contributed modules, and on live sites.
- How taxonomy relates to the rest of the Drupal framework.
- When to use taxonomy and when to use something else, such as custom fields or custom content types.
- Modules that further expand the usefulness of taxonomy.