View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Prepared by: Nada Al-khatabi
• Prepositions are short words like (on, in, to) that usually stand in front of
nouns (sometimes also in front of gerund verbs).
• I make this activity for the intermediate students.
• This activity is multiple choice. I put one sentence and three deferent
answer. The students should choose the suitable preposition for the
• Using the correct preposition in a sentence has a great importance to help
others understand the whole meaning accurately; while committing a slight
mistake could cause a great misunderstanding. For example when a person
says :The boy is (on) the door but he means that the boy is ( at ) the
door, this would make a very strange and wrong image in the listener's
• Such mistakes are happening when the speaker is using his own native
language structures and reflect them on the English structures.
• I will make this exercise at the end of the class
when I finish the preposition’s lesson. It is
beneficial for the students because they will
learn how they can avoid the mistake they are
make it before in a preposition’s class.
Choose the suitable preposition?
1. Nice ____ meet you.