Choose which question you would like to improve
4A Discuss in detail how and why one comedy programme was scheduled on one or more channels.
You need to make at least four detailed points. You must include
A paragraph about the day and time
At least one point that relates to the Public Broadcasting Act and OFCOM
At least one point about the channels specific mission/ aim
You could also talk about the channels specific target audience
Make sure you include detailed points/ examples from the programmes
Structure your answer as follows:
1. State the rule/aim/ audience of the channel and give details of the
2. Explain how the TV show helps to fulfil that rule/aim/audience and give specific
3. Explain why that rule/aim/ audience is important for the channel, the general
public, television in general
4B Discuss the audience pleasures offered by two comedy programmes you have studied.
Talk about four different pleasures. You can choose any audience pleasures from the table.
Try to pick one example that both programmes use well.
Explain which comedy you think is best because of the way it uses a specific
audience pleasure (and link to the possible target audience)
Try to talk about an audience pleasure that is used in one programme but maybe not
Structure your answer as follows
1. State the audience pleasure (use the exact wording from above
2. Give at least one detailed example from the programme/s
3. Explain why it is a pleasure. Try to talk specifically about how it is works within the
episode – go beyond the general ‘why it is a pleasure’ statement