Proposed SXSW 2014 Music Dual Conversation
The future of DJing in the digital age
This proposed dual conversation will center around DJing
in the digital age.
Any music fan will tell you that 'DJ' stands for 'Disc
Jockey', but what the term represents has changed
dramatically over the last 40 years.
From the days of vinyl to the modern digital DJ of today,
the discussion will cover what has stayed the same and
what has changed dramatically, including an in depth look
at what's around the corner and on the distant horizon.
‣ How has DJing changed over the last decades and
where is it going?
‣ What are the core skills and values that every DJ should
know about in the digital era?
‣ How can DJs earn a living as the market becomes
increasingly crowded? Can brands play a part?
‣ What new digital technologies and platforms are
available to the aspiring DJ?
‣ If everyone is a DJ in the future, what makes one special?