Indonesia Dance Reflects the country’s diversity of ethnicities and cultures Dances are usually about stories and tales of fairy-tale characters Balinese dances- which are usually about religion and religious ceremonies Different from the US, because our dances are usually based upon the environment. For example at a wedding people will ballroom dance, but in a club environment people will dance chaotically. In the US we do not have a meaning for our dances.
Indonesia Architecture reflects the diversity of cultural, historical, and geographic influences that have shaped Indonesia They have much religious architecture different from the US, for example in Indonesia they have minarets on mosques. Rumah adat are the distinctive style of traditional housing unique to each ethnic group in Indonesia. This is different from the US because here style of housing differs based on where people live, not their ethnicity.
Indonesian DancerIndonesia Indonesian Architecturehttp://img6.travelblog.org/Photos/52289 http://www.sadiyyadance.c/273768/f/2298521-Typical-Indonesian- om/92741822315_0_ALB.jpgArchitecture-1.jpg
Switzerland Recreational Activities The major activities there are skiing, hiking, cycling and rock climbing. This is different than the US because here most of the population divulges themselves into the sports world for recreational activities. Switzerland does have major sports, such as soccer and ice hockey, however the citizens of Switzerland tend to do adventurous type activities rather than sports.
Switzerland Landscape Switzerland measures only about 220 kilometers. About 60% of the surface is covered by the Alps. The other 40% consists of large rural areas, with plains and plateaus. This is unnatural to us here because most of our landscape here consists of towns or cities. In both, there are many buildings. Rarely do we see rural areas around here.
Man rock climbing SwitzerlandSwitzerland Rural and Mountainous region of Switzerlandhttp://www.bergoiata.org/fe/wj1/Landscape http://www.climbing.com/com%20- munity/events/AK-climbing-%20Altman%20Ebenalp,%20Switzerland.jp in-the-Alps.jpgg
Algeria Culture Heavily influenced by history and religion, particularly Islam Friday is the Muslim holy day, everything is closed. Many companies close on Thursday and make Thursday and Friday the weekend Timings for the Islamic prayer services are listed in the local prayer every day This is different because our culture is not influenced by religion at all. If prayer timings were published in our local newspaper there would be a huge uproar in our society Also our weekend is Saturday and Sunday, so the fact that they have Thursday and Friday as holidays is unnatural to us.
Algeria Etiquette Their greetings are very lengthy, and involve a person being obliged to ask about family, work, the house, the weather Friends and family will exchange kisses at each greeting. When meeting women initially nod and wait to see if a hand is extended also a person is supposed to avoid prolonged eye contact with women and not ask personal questions. This is unnatural to our US culture, because we are taught to shake each others hands whether male or female. Also another important part of our greeting is eye contact. If there is no eye contact maintained it is seen as a sign of disrespect. Although, men and women do give kisses on the each it is not as often as the Algerian people do it.
Algeria Mosque in Algeria Algerian president meeting with a Chinese Officialhttp://www.caravanserai- http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-tours.com/images/libya/mosque.j 03/25/xinsrc_0620305251100140163067.jpgpg