1. Session IIIThe Players: Tools to Leverage the Power of Community Mary Zedeck email@example.com @mzedeck October 6, 2012
2. Today’s Objectives• Social Media Stats• Twitter – What is it and why is it important? – Terminology • Tweet, RT, reply, #, DM, link, lists, search, favorites – Profile – Hands-on – Additional Tools• Facebook – Profile vs Group vs Page – Hands-on• YouTube – Why? How?
3. StatsFacebook’s Stats from Facebook
4. What is Twitter?Definition:“An information network made up of140-character messages from allover the world.” – twitter.com• Real-time updates and news• Make connections• Listen• Professional development• Share• Generate buzz
5. Twitter Terminology• Tweets = 140 character updates max• Follower = user interested in your updates• Symbols –@ = public conversations – RT = retweeting is sharing tweets with others – DM = direct messages, similar to email –# = hashtag
6. Hands-on withTwitter
7. Let’s Take a Look Around
8. Search/Follow @mzedeck• Search – mzedeck – Search – Follow• Follow others in the room• Search # – Save search – Advanced search
9. Twitter Activity• @reply to @mzedeck and one or more participants – Make sure to add #shusmc somewhere in your tweets• Send a DM to @mzedeck and one or more participants• RT of one @mzedeck’s tweets and RT one or more participants• Try adding links to your tweets• Try using Favorite
10. Additional Tools• TweetDeck (mobile version also available)• HootSuite
11. Hands-on withFacebook
12. Facebook• Profile vs Group vs Page• SHU Social Media Certificate Page – Experiment – have fun!• Create a page for your business/organization?