3. • A connection (session) with a specific database.
SQL statements are executed and results are
returned within the context of a connection.
• A Connection object's database is able to provide
information describing its tables, its supported
SQL grammar, its stored procedures, the
capabilities of this connection, and so on. This
information is obtained with
the getMetaData method.
Statement createStatement() throws SQLException
• This is used to create a Sql object. An sql object is used to send and
execute the query in backend database.
• Creates a Statement object for sending SQL statements to the database.
SQL statements without parameters are normally executed
using Statement objects.
• If the same SQL statement is executed many times, it may be more
efficient to use a PreparedStatement object.
• Result sets created using the returned Statement object will by default be
type TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY and have a concurrency level
of CONCUR_READ_ONLY. The holdability of the created result sets can be
determined by calling getHoldability().
• Returns:a new default Statement object