ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOUR By:Q. Muhammad Shahzad Khalil
Contents1. Company Profile2. Vision, Mission & Values3. Structure4. Human Resource Management5. Best Practices6. Employee Engagement7. Change management8. Evaluation and recommendations9. Tapal Tea Bag Ad
1. Company Profile HISTORY OF THE COMPANY • In 1947, Tapal started out as a family concern under the supervision of its founder, Adam Ali Tapal. • Initially, Tapal started with a single unique blend of tea, named FAMILY MIXTURE. • It had just 1 outlet in Jodia Bazar, Karachi. • Its distribution channel spread across the country under the leadership of Faizullah A. Tapal. •Currently, company is achieving new heights under the leadership of founders grandson, Aftab A. Tapal.
1. Company Profile BRANDS • The company has 10 brands under its umbrella.
2. Vision, Mission & Values Vision Of Tapal • To act locally, but think globally • To Provide information & trainings to employees for their development and improvement • To indulge in environment friendly business activities that generate positive influence to society • To produce environment friendly product
2. Vision, Mission & Values Mission Of Tapal “To satisfy our stakeholders and as a guiding principle to our business; be a benchmark for Quality, Creativity and Ethical values Achieve leadership in all categories of our core business and diversify in areas which compliment the core business.”
2. Vision, Mission & Values Values At Tapal • Trust in each other •Outstanding Quality •Passion for creativity •Leadership and role model for others •Together, everyone achieve more
3. Structure Culture and Environment • Friendly environment with respect for each team member of organization • Healthy culture of mutual trust and openness • Comfortable work area with international standard facilities • Diversified with both male and female workforce • Tapal is networked organization which allows people to communicate and work together •Tapal does not face any ethical or cultural issues
4. Human Resource Management Labor Management • All governments’ regular labor laws are being followed •The calculation of man-power requirement is done on annual basis. •Multi-skilled Employees so that replacement can be found incase of skilled worker absenteeism •In Tapal there is no gender bias or gender discrimination.
5. Best Practices Succession Policy Tapal has a succession policy, every manager has a successor who can replace him in times of need. Development of Human Resource Providing trainings, skills development and inculcating performance management culture. Stress and Conflict resolution Employees are comforted by being listened and then most feasible solution is advised.
5. Best Practices Situational Leadership Situational Leadership is used for shaping up strategic Management Culture. CSR – Corporate Social Responsibility All expectations of stakeholders are kept in consideration with national and moral obligations realization potential the organization overall believes in making a difference.
6. Employee Engagement Skill Improvement through Training • On Job trainings for employees • In-house trainings on leadership, team work and communication improvements • Special workshops for executives • Evaluation is done before and after the training
6. Employee Engagement Increasing Employee Motivation • Job enrichment and job enhancement procedures. • Employees are provided with flexi timing so they can balance their work as well as personal lives • Right to express opinion and ideas • Challenging and meaningful work with opportunities for career advancement • Open door policy of communication
6. Employee Engagement Increasing Employee Involvement • Employees are encouraged to take initiative and bring in new ideas for work improvement. •They are given ownership and responsibility of their work. • Appreciation on achievement •Cordial relationship with bosses and co-workers
7. Change Management Through communication • Change is managed through effective communication • Abortion of Labor union: • Reason and strategy conveyed through meetings • Change communicated to all through mails, memos and chairman’s speech • Change implemented with approval of all members of management
9. Evaluation ORGANIZATIONS PHILOSOPHY EVALUATION: Firm organization policy based on respect for people and betterment of society. RECOMMENDATION: • Policy, values and vision of the company should be comprehended by all employees. • All business practices should be based on these values. • Deviant behaviors should be identified and erected
9. Evaluation ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE EVALUATION: Work environment is comfortable, friendly and enjoyable with international standards and facilities RECOMMENDATION: • The culture and environment should be maintained
9. Evaluation HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT EVALUATION: Human resource practices of Tapal are satisfactory RECOMMENDATION: • There is no policy of short term incentives or rewards inform of cash or gift items. • Such a policy like rewards for creative suggestion should be introduced to promote the “small steps make great difference” philosophy
9. Evaluation RELATIONSHIP OF EMPLOYEES WITH ORGANIZATION EVALUATION: In general, employees are satisfied to be working with Tapal. They are proud to be associated with the company and are loyal to it. RECOMMENDATION: • Employee motivation and loyalty to the company should be maintained by continuing its policies.
“Tapal has successfully invested in the area of Personal management of its employeesand has reaped extensive benefits in terms of profits and a renowned brand, with all embracing employee loyalty” Thank You All
Tapal Tea Bag Ad• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qXS7eYbuX8