View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
• Allows you to run your web applications on
• Scaling is really simple
• No capital for system administrators
• Web Server (HTTP and HTTPS)
• Datastore using BigTables (Schema Free)
• Authentication of users though Google
• Scheduled Tasks (i.e. Cron)
• Applications can only access other
computers though HTTP and Email.
• Users can only access GAE applications
• An application cannot write to the
• Application code only runs in response to an
HTTP request and has 30 seconds to run.
• Lets say you run a Wiki about Widgets.
• And you want to index all the external links.
• But you are on a Shared Host and have
with crawled data.
Fear of the Elephant
• AppScale: http://appscale.cs.ucsb.edu/
• To run GAE on EC2 or Eucalyptus
• Some what Stable (Except no data
• GAE2Django: http://tinyurl.com/gae2d/
• A bridge to run GAE code on Django.
• Some what Stable (Except no database