1.  A phrasal verb consists of a verb together with a preposition or adverb that modifies the sense of the same one. This preposition or adverb can also be called complement. The same phrasal verb can have several meanings and very different.
2.  Phrasal verbs which take objects (transitive) Phrasal verbs which take objects can be separable or inseparable: • Separable phrasal verbs can remain together when using an object that is a noun or noun phrase.Example: I picked Tom up. OR I picked up Tom (Yo recogí a Tom) • Separable phrasal verbs MUST be separated when a pronoun is used:Example: We picked him up at the station. NOT We picked up him at the station. (Lo recogimos en la estación) • Inseparable phrasal verbs always remain together. It makes no difference if a noun or pronoun is used.Example: We set off for the beach. / We set off for it. (Salimos para la playa. / salimos para ello)
3.  Phrasal verbs which don’t take objects (intransitive) • Some phrasal verbs do not take objects. These phrasal verbs are ALWAYS inseparable.Example :They thieves got away. TIP! • If you are not sure whether a phrasal verb is separable or inseparable, ALWAYS use a noun or nouns phrase and DO NOT separate. In this manner, you will always be correct!— Separable Phrasal Verbs: bring up, take offExample: They brought up their children to respect others. She took off her jacket before she began the lesson.— Inseparable Phrasal Verbs: look for, set offExample: She was looking for her books when he arrived. They set off for a wonderful holiday in Hawaii.
4.  Three-word phrasal verb • Some verbs are followed by two prepositions (or adverbs). These phrasal verbs are ALWAYS inseparable.Example: Im looking forward to meeting John. OR Im looking forward to meeting him
5.  Come across: encontrarse con / toparse con Come along: llegar/ ocurrir/venir/ ir / acompañar Come apart: deshacerse / caerse en pedazos Come down on: regañar /echar una bronca a. Come in: entrar/ pasar. Come into: entrar en / heredar Come round: venir a visitar / recobrar la conciencia / volver en sí Come through: salir (de algo malo) / sobrevivir / atravesar Come up with: proponer Stand by: apoyar / no abandonar (a alguien) Stand for: representar / significar Stand in for: sustituir (a alguien) Stand out: destacar / sobresalir Stand up: levantarse Stand up to: hacer frente / plantar cara a.
6.  Sing out: cantar en voz alta Walk out: salir Get by: arreglárselas / ir tirando Get high: drogarse Turn out: salir/ resultar (bien, mal)
7. 1- When I was reading the paper, I…...........this article. When I was reading the paper, I came across this article.2- We were at a complete loss, and then Jane …………….. a brilliant idea. We were at a complete loss, and then Jane came up with a brilliant idea.3- That product ……………….the wood that was covering the table That product came apart the wood that was covering the table4- From the day of the discussion that Jonathan does not …………….me. From the day of the discussion that Jonathan does not come round me.5- What do the initials C.I A. …..………. ? What do the initials C.I A. stand for?6- He …....……….and said nothing as if he wasnt even there. He stood by and said nothing as if he wasnt even there.7- He ……………...in any group as he was more than two meters tall. He stood out in any group as he was more than two meters tall.8- He …………….his girlfriend and left her waiting outside the cinema. He stood up his girlfriend and left her waiting outside the cinema.
8. ACROSS DOWN2. If you ... a powerful person or organization, 1.To replace someone in his position you state your opinions forcefully and 3. If someone ... when you are in a refuse to agree with them or do what they room or building, they enter in that want room or building.4. To punish, oppose, or reprimand severely and often with force5. To survive something bad6. To go with someone else who takes the lead
9.  tHE BEATLES - WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY  Do you need anybody? FRIENDS I need somebody to love. Could it be anybody? What would you think if I sang out of tune, I want somebody to love. Would you ...............and ................on me. Lend me your ears and Ill sing you a song, Would you believe in a love at first sight? And Ill try not to .............of key. Yes Im certain that it happens all the time. Oh I ..............with a little help from my friends, What do you see when you ................ the light? Mmm,I ..............with a little help from my friends, I cant tell you, but I know its mine. Mmm, Im gonna try with a little help from my Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends, friends. Mmm I get high with a little help from my friends, Oh, Im gonna try with a little help from my friends Do you need anybody? I need somebody to love. Do you need anybody? Could it be anybody? I just need someone to love. I want somebody to love. Could it be anybody? I want somebody to love What do I do when my love is away. (Does it worry you to be alone) Oh, I..............with a little help from my friends, How do I feel by the end of the day Mmm, gonna try with a little help from my friends (Are you sad because youre on your own) Ooh, I get high with a little help from my friends No, I ............. with a little help from my friends, Yes I get by with a little help from my friends, Mmm, .............with a little help from my friends, with a little help from my friends Mmm, gonna to try with a little help from my friends