View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
• Why should we make the effort to connect students to math through the technology integration?• How can technology be used in the math classroom to increase student conceptual understanding and performance?• What technology tools are specifically designed for the math classroom and instruction?• What technology tools could be used in the math classroom and instruction?
• Appeal to millennial learner’s preferences for multimedia • Appeals to senses• Replay provided excellent relearn & review activities• Differentiated Instruction• Students will retain what they learn• Speaking, writing, reading and listening skills will be practiced
• Students will retain what they learn• Promotes creativity• Students will be engaged in their learning• Forces students to think at a higher level• Students will improve their technology skills• Helps to develop problem- solving skills• It is fun!
• Teaches using sensory modes• Teaches in different medium• Technology is naturally attention-getting• Technology tools serve as “explainers” rather than just “displayers http://www.flickr.com/photos/wwworks/3597217248/
• Interactive Whiteboards• Online calculators• 3D graphics• Visualizations• Videos• Tutorials• Collaborative web 2.0 tools• Interactive presentations• Games• Podcasts
• Purple Math • Vocaroo • Concept Maps • Wall Wisher • Google Docs • Khan Academy • Scriblink • Online Graphs • Interactives • Live Binders • Jingles • Math appshttp://www.flickr.com/photos/acidwashphotography/2967752733/
Take a tour of each example of specifictechnology tools and general technology tools that lend themselves to math instruction and assessment