1. Dialysis Transportation Study Transportation Coordination Quarterly Meeting Ambreen Hasan and Langdon Sanders: WSU Capstone Project
2. Introduction Analyze current transportation system for dialysis patients in the Miami Valley Make specific and actionable recommendations for improving customer-friendliness and efficiency of patient transportation by April.
3. Plan of Study Get approval from Institutional Review Board (HIPAA) Gather and anlyze data about how patients get to and from dialysis centers: Gather data from dialysis centers, social workers and transportation providers Administer survey to the dialysis patients
4. What we need from Transportationproviders? Addresses/nearest intersection of current dialysis riders (we can code addresses for them) Dialysis destination address of each of those riders Scheduled pick up times on both legs of the trip Approximate or average drop off times for both legs of the trip “Typical” number of passengers on a dialysis run
5. What we need from Social workers & Dialysis centers? Assist in contacting 3-4 dialysis patients for pretest Assist in administering survey on dialysis patients
6. Findings Publicly presented at Wright State University Millet Hall atrium in April, 2013 (exact date not decided yet) Presented to this group at May meeting Report will include “hot spot” map, provider list, analysis of origins and destinations, trip times, density maps, etc. of dialysis patients(public and private) Recommendations for improving the transportation system in a customer friendly and cost-efficient way.