Various department in
Why Robotics ?
Types of robots
Laws of robotics
Components of robots
• Established in 1962 by Eminent Physics and
Electronics scholar Mr. Y.P. Agarwal.
• The company is renowned manufacturer of digital
instruments, electronic instruments, science
experimental training boards, computer logic training
boards, dynamic demonstration kits.
• Omega electronics follows international
standards and procedures and is an ISO
• 46 years of experience
• Annual revenue INR 2,000,000.
• No. of employees = 80.
• 12500 customers in India and abroad.
Mr. Y. P. Agarwal
Mr. G. P. Agarwal
All Engineering Colleges
Science and Polytechnic Colleges.
Research and Development Labs.
Telephone and Police Department
• Advanced Satellite Communication Trainer
• RADAR Trainer Equipment
• VLSI Trainer Equipment
• Microprocessor/Microcontroller Trainers
• LAN Trainer Equipment
• CRO Trainer Equipment
• Antenna Trainer Equipment
• Microwave Trainer Equipment
• Various Robotic Kits
• Fiber Optic Lab Trainer Equipment
• Bread Board Training Equipments
• Communication Training Equipment
Different Departments in the
Research & Development
The Industrial Training
Program at Omega
• Exposure to Practical learning environment.
• Emphasis on Production, Processes, Policies & Layouts.
• Understanding of Responsibilities, Discipline, Deadlines,
Time & Stress Management.
• Introduction of Sales, Marketing, Purchase, Tender etc.
• Training at Omega is gaining popularity in North India.
WHAT IS ROBOTICS
• THE WORD ROBOTICS IS USED TO COLLECTIVILY
DEFINE A FIELD IN ENGINEERING THAT COVERS
THE MIMICKING OF VARIOUS HUMAN
• SOUND CONCEPTS IN MANY ENGINEERING
DISCIPLINES IS NEEDED FOR WORKING IN THIS
• IT FIND ITS USES IN ALL ASPECTS OF OUR LIFE
What a Robot can mean?
• An automatic industrial
machine replacing the
human in hazardous work.
• An automatic mobile
sweeper machine at a
• An automatic toy car for a
child to play with.
• A machine removing mines
in a war field all by itself
and many more…
• It is a field of Engineering that covers the
mimicking of human behavior.
• Robotics includes the knowledge of
Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical &
Computer Science Engineering.
Laws of Robotics
The term robotics was coined in the 1940s by science
fiction writer Isaac Asimov.
Asimov's Laws of Robotics:
• A robot may not injure a human being, or, through
inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
• A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings
except where such order would conflict with the First
• A robot must protect its own existence as long as such
protection does not conflict with the First or Second
WHY ROBOTICS ?
• It can work hazardous/dangerous
• To perform repetitive task.
Components of ROBOTS
o Power source
• The structure of a robot is usually
mostly mechanical and can be
called a kinematic chain.
• The chain is formed of links (its
bones), actuators (its muscles), and
joints which can allow one or more
degrees of freedom.
• Suitable power supply is needed to run the
motors and associated circuitry
• Typical power requirement ranges from 3V to
• 220V AC supply must be modified to suit the
needs of our machine
• Batteries can also be used to run robots
• Robots are driven by different motors :o DC Motors
o Stepper Motors
o Servo Motors
• DC Motors
suggests, a motor
which uses a DC
o Can run in both
o Speed Controllable
• Stepper Motors
Used for measured
o Can be held at a
particular position of
o Ideal for many
• Servo Motors :
Used in closed loop
control systems in which
work is the control
An integral feedback
device (resolver) or
devices (encoder and
tachometer) are either
incorporated within the
servo motor or are
remotely mounted, often
on the load itself
• Actuators are the "muscles"
of a robot, the parts which
convert stored energy into
• The most popular actuators
are electric motors.
• Robots which must work in the real world require
some way to manipulate objects; pick up, modify,
destroy, or otherwise have an effect.
• Thus the 'hands' of a robot are often referred to as
end effectors, while the arm is referred to as a
• Some manipulators are:
o Mechanical Grippers
o Vacuum Grippers
o General purpose effectors
• It is concerned with the motion of the robot.
• Robot contains different types of drives:o Differential drive
o Car type
o Skid steer drive
o Synchronous drive
o Pivot drive
o Articulated drive
NON DRIVEN WHEEL
NON DRIVEN WHEEL
NON DRIVEN WHEEL
NON DRIVEN WHEEL
• Revolution in Medical science and Health care
• New & wide scope in Education & Training.
• A good help in Nuclear industry.
• Used tremendously in Sports activities.
• Play the role of an efficient assistance in
Research and Development sciences.
• Can very well handle household business.
• Scientists say that it is possible that a robot brain
will exist by 2019 .
• Vernor Vinge has suggested that a moment may
come when computers and robots are smarter than
• In 2009, some robots acquired various forms of
semi-autonomy, including being able to find power
sources on their own.
• The Association for the Advancement of
Artificial Intelligence has researched on this