MIHAELA URSACHE, PMP
PMI Certified Project Management Professional IBM Certified Advanced
Application Developer – Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
Rockaway, NJ 07866 (h)862 397 4248 (cell)609 240 3912
Offering over 20yrs of global IT experience with high understanding of cultural diversity, and a
unique set of skills in Business Analysis, Project Management, Lotus Notes/Domino application
development, and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) management.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
- Conduct the feasibility study of the current systems, in order to define and evaluate
different solutions and arrive at the optimal one.
- Work with Business Customers to document project scope and functional requirements
for IT initiatives.
- Document business processes to identify inefficiencies in the current workflow and
develop new, more efficient, cost effective processes.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze
information needs and functional requirements and deliver Functional Requirements,
Business Requirements, Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs.
- Define user acceptance tests and assist with the testing process.
- Develop user documentation and provide application functional training as needed.
- Coordinated cross-functional teams (content authors, software developers, network
operations, vendors and business stakeholders) across multiple projects.
- Ensure the project remains focused on key objectives and goals and comply with
- Creating and maintaining the project schedule for more than 100 medium size projects by
identifying and monitoring overall project timeline, project milestones, tasks, resources,
task dependencies, and critical paths.
- Anticipate and identify Risks and Issues that may impact deliverables and develops and
implement mitigation and corrective actions.
- Performed communications requirements analysis for 5-50 stakeholders, and planned the
Information distribution to internal, external clients and vendors.
- Monitor and communicate the status of project efforts (including weekly time reporting,
monthly resource forecasting, monthly executive reporting, issue management and risk
- Manage vendor relations and improve relationships (IBM, Paisley,etc).
- Promote continuous improvement by conducting, documenting, and communicating
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile Project Management Methodologies.
Application Development Skills
- Designed, Developed and Implemented approx. 50 Lotus Notes and Domino custom
- Data integration and interoperability experience through LotusScript agents.
- Reverse engineering applications, from various platforms to Lotus Notes/Domino.
- Managed SDLC from conceptualization, through requirements, design, programming,
testing, user and technical training and maintenance.
Windows 3.X/95/98/NT/2000/XP Microsoft Office Products: Access, Excel, Word, MS
Project, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project 2007 Relational Databases: Oracle, Sybase, SQL,
DECS, LEI, ReplicAction Collaboration Tools: TeamStudio Domino Administrator,
Domino Designer, Lotus Notes 8, 6.x, 5.x, LotusScript Reporting Tools: SnapReporter
WALDEN University, USA – B.S. in Information Technology - expected 2012
SPECIALIZATION: Application Development, Testing & Quality Assurance
Project Management Institute, USA - PMP certification - 2010
Rutgers University, USA – Certificates in Project Management and Quality Management, 2009
IBM, USA - Certified Advanced Application Developer - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5,
1997 - 2005
DAMELIN Computer School, South Africa – Diploma in Computer Graphics, 1995
University “Petre Andrei”, Romania - BS in Trade and Tourism (completed 2 yrs), 1993
10/09 – 01/10 Project Management Certification (PMI)
Studied and completed the PMP Certification
08/08 – 10/09 C.M.T. Packaging & Design Inc., NJ – USA
Project Manager/Lotus Notes Developer (ver.7)
- Lotus Notes Design Enhancements to the CMS application’s workflow, tracking
and managing of multiple document versions.
- Managed the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of the project
- Planned and coordinated the phase reviews to ensure that the deliverables are in
alignment with the project Scope and obtained formal acceptance.
01/08 – 07/08 Binary Tree Inc., NJ – USA
Lotus Notes Developer (ver.7, 8)/Consultant
- On Site support for one of the company’s clients – implementing and running an
existing BT tool that migrated data from 600 QuickPlace sites to SharePoint,
developed and maintained a Lotus Notes database for the Project Manager.
- Participated in the development of a new Lotus Notes Application, that imports
QuickPlace sites from the Notes Catalog and QuickPlace directory.
03/05 – 01/08 American Express – Enterprise Risk and Assurance Services, NYC
Project Manager/Lotus Notes Developer (ver.6.5, 7)
- Managed SDLC of new and enhanced systems by adhering to Method1
- Responsible for all ERAS Notes databases' system improvement, design,
programming, testing, implementation, documentation of changes, support and
enhancements and for resolving system issues and assure continuous availability
and data integrity.
- Reverse engineering and Data integration (Sybase, SQL) experience, through
- Project leader for the transition of ERAS Lotus Notes Applications from
American Express to AmeriPrice
- Coordinated the migration of 2000 Users and 20,000 documents from Magique to
- Created documentation and technical guides for end users and facilitated User
Acceptance Testing for at least 50 applications
- Acted as single point of contact for multiple vendors, business units, and IT
partners during migration of Lotus Notes Applications to other platforms,
administering schedules and communicating risks.
- Supporting the Audit Team with Lotus Notes related issues.
12/03 – 12/04 Globecon Group, NYC – USA
Domino Developer (ver.6.5)/Project Management
- Managed a complex 15 Domino databases application upgrade project from
initiation to closing and coordinated the Domino server partitioning and the
- Administration, Backup, Maintenance, Support, Enhancements of a Lotus Notes/
Domino application that offers online training to banks and financial institutions
- Developed new modules: content links to additional resources, feedback on
content and exams, usage reports, etc, using Domino programming, HTML, CSS,
08/02 – 11/03 Thinkcentric Inc., NJ – USA
Lotus Notes Developer (ver.5, 6)/Project Management
- Planned and coordinated the Lotus Notes development and deployment of a
Resume Repository application
- Managed a Lotus Notes Client/Server version Upgrade
- Migration from Domino R5 to Domino R6, workflow automation , support and
enhancements on an existing Requirements
06/00 – 08/02 PricewaterhouseCoopers, NJ – USA
Lotus Notes Developer (ver.5)/Project Management
- Planned and coordinated the development of two data storage and workflow
applications for HR and L&E business units, defined the scope, identified the
stakeholders and created the project documentation, managed creation and
distribution of performance and project status reports
- Performed support, maintenance and implemented enhancements to the existing
Lotus Notes applications and developed new data storage and workflow Lotus
Notes applications, implemented and provided technical documentation
- Created ReplicAction jobs with LotusScript for the weekly upload of Oracle data
10/97 – 05/00 Complete Software Solutions, JHB – SOUTH AFRICA
Lotus Notes Developer (ver.4, 5)
- Support, maintenance, enhancements of internal Lotus Notes Applications.
- Consultant to various company financial, trading and educational clients.
01/80 – 10/93 Contactors, Manufacturing Co – ROMANIA
Business Analyst/Programmer in the IT Department
- Liaise with the business units and provide IT solutions.
- Maintain the company’s Stock and Inventory, Labor, and Payroll mainframe