• Founded in 1960 by Tom Monaghan
• The first delivery outlet was launched at Ypsilanti, Michigan as Dominick
• a network of 9,742 Company-owned and franchise stores, located in all 50
states and in more than 70 international markets
• Jubilant Food Works Limited, a Jubilant Bhartia Group company holds the
Master Franchise rights for India, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh
• Today there are 8,000 Domino's Pizza stores in more than 50 countries,
employing over 145,000 team members and involving over 2,000
Mission & Vision @ DOMINO’S
“Exceptional people on a mission to be the best pizza delivery company in the world”
“Domino’s Pizza is the Pizza specialist who consistently delights the customer with great
taste and choices in pizza with friendly, courteous team members providing prompt,
safe delivery service”
• Treat people as you'd like to be treated.
• Produce the best for less.
• Measure, manage and share what's important.
• Think big and grow.
• Incentivise what you want to change.
• Set the bar high, train, never stop learning.
• Promote from within.
• We are not ordinary, we are exceptional.
The marketing and advertising strategies have placed Dominos at the desirable benefit
level very successfully.
The desirable benefit which they offer is that they can deliver a pizza that too fresh one
within 30 minutes. This should not be considered as product attributes rather a service
which is accompanying the product.
Thus the brand positioning of Domino’s through its versatile ads guarantees its
association with an image of high quality fresh pizza which is delivered on time.
This way the customers get to enjoy a delicious pizza within 30 minutes and that too just
sitting at home. Thus Domino’s has created a niche in pizza market through brand
positioning very successfully.
• Region – dominos outlets in different countries is a way of
segmenting their market
• according to region and finding out potential markets.
• City – they also segment the cities as class i, class ii, metros,
• age – under 13years, 13 to 21 years21 to 35 years, 35 to 50
years, 50+ years.
• family income – lower middle class, middle class, upper
middle class, high class
Dominos pizzas have target the families who like to go out for dinner once
in a week.
They also target teenagers of school.
Spending habits of college freshmen also indicates a high percentage of
money being spent on non-essential items.
Dominos pizza has made delivery services for those customers who like to
have pizzas in their home with their families or friends.
Characteristics Of Services
•Intangibility: It is impossible for the service users to taste, feel, see, smell or
possess a service before they buy it.
•Heterogeneity: People based services are susceptible to heterogeneity, or
variation in quality.
•Perish ability: Unused service capacity of one time period cannot be stored for
use in future time periods.
•Inseparability: The production of a service cannot be separated from its
consumption by customers. Services are produced and consumed
7P’S OF DOMINO’S
7 Physical Environment
Traditional 4Ps extended to encompass growth of service
PRODUCT @ Domino’s
• The very brand name ―Domino's adds value to the products
available in the store.
• The quality and the hygiene of the pizzas and the other add-ons are
taken care of by the company or the franchisees by way of training to
• Domino's also takes pride on the innovation of many new products
PRICE @ Domino’s
• General perception prevails that pizza prices are expensive and cannot be afforded
by many, but Domino's pizza prices will make you think twice about that statement.
• Domino's also provide lots of offers and deals that give your much discounted pizza
• First off, customers can get Pizza mania pizzas for prices as low as Rs. 39/- which no
other pizza chain offers in the country.
• The regular size Simply Veg pizzas start from Rs. 60/- onwards and they have pizzas
up to around Rs. 500/- .
• Domino's caters to all price ranges so that customers can always find a pizza price
that fits their pocket.
PHYSICAL EVIDENCE @ DOMINO’S
• Simple Parking space
• Good Infrastructure
• Use of Modern Technology Equipments.
• Clean and Friendly Services.
PROCESS @ DOMINO’S
• Self service system.
• Hungry Hotline Facility.
Keep in mind the health and hygiene.
• Domino's Pizza India also boasts about its commitment to serve its
customers on time by implementing the "30 MINUTES OR FREE" service
• Domino's constantly strives to develop products that suit the tastes of its
Domino's believes strongly in the strategy of 'Think Local and Act Regional'.
PEOPLE @ DOMINO’S
• Recruiting young, enthusiastic and dedicated employees.
• Appropriately trained for delivering the service.
• Personality development and grooming sessions.
• Provide them with various facilities such as medical
help, consultation, traveling facilities, perks and bonuses.
• Team members are recognized and rewarded based on
ability and merit for their contributions
PLACE @ DOMINO’S
Domino's Pizza stores are established in almost 50 countries and they have
got more than 8,000 stores worldwide.
• The Domino's stores are centrally located and in a manner convenient for
the people to walk in and also convenient for the deliverers to do their job.
• The distribution channel followed by the company is mostly through
takeaways, telephone ordering and online ordering.
The pizzas are delivered by way of scooters at their door step.
• In order to maintain the quality of the pizzas, they are carried in a heat
wave bag so that they can deliver hot and tasty pizzas to their customers
PROMOTION @ Domino’s
Pizza Order Discount: Domino's offers its customers a number of discount and
other promotions on purchasing Domino's pizza.
Dominos start providing coke/fanta/sprite as per their contract with Coca Cola
Dominos started pizzas mania which start from Rs 39 and we get the toping
according to our choice.
Web coupons available at web site www.dominos.co.in
Discounting coupons are being provided with every item purchased.
New schemes at regular interval of time according to the taste of the INDIAN
FOCUS STRATEGY OF DOMINOS
Breadth of service offerings
SERVICE BLUE PRINT OF DOMINOS ( HOME – DELIVERY )
Picking up call &
Put order on
Send out for
Checking that the
Pizzas are sent to
• Dominos compete against regional and local companies as well as
national chains, Pizza Hut and Papa John’s .
• We generally compete on the basis of product
quality, location, image, service and price.
• We also compete on a broader scale with quick service and other
international, national, regional and local restaurants.
• In addition, the overall food service industry in particular are
intensely competitive with respect to product
quality, price, service, convenience and concept.
• The industry is often affected by changes in consumer
tastes, economic conditions, demographic trends and consumers’
Young and enthusiastic team.
• Home delivery specialist.
• Dominos bring out the 'WOW' effect.
• Domino's serve its customers on time.
Bonus scheme incorporating profit.
• Every order is hand-made.
What's up Dominos session
Dominos promises their customers safe and friendly
services free of cost.
E home delivery.
Domino's heat wave.
Domino's Pizza strives to be the best pizza delivery
company in the world.
Delivers more than just hot pizzas.