3. 4 NeighborhoodSponsors Sweetwater Style March March Sweetwater Style NeighborhoodSponsors 5 This section has been created to give you easier access when searching for a HOME South Coast Landscapes NURSERY / GARDEN POOL DESIGN AND trusted neighborhood vendor to use. Take a minute to familiarize yourself IMPROVEMENT (281) 778-5372 CENTER BUILD with the businesses sponsoring Sweetwater Style. ABS Improvements www.southcoastlandscapes.com Enchanted Forest Creative Pool Designs These local businesses are proud to partner with you and make this (281) 265-3924 (281) 937-9449 (281) 236-3731 magazine possible. Please support these businesses and thank them for www.absimprove.com MASSAGE www.myenchanted.com www.creativepooldesigns.com supporting our magazine! Massage Envy - Greatwood HOSPITAL (281) 633-9500 Enchanted Gardens PRIVATE SCHOOLS Methodist Sugar Land Hospital www.massageenvy.com (281) 341-1206 Alexander-Smith Academy (281) 274-7000 www.myenchanted.com (713) 266-0920 www.methodistsugarland.com MED SPA www.alexandersmith.comAIR CONDITIONING & CHIROPRACTIC CARE DENTIST FLORAL Amerejuve Medspa NURSINGHEATING Sugar Mill Chiropractic & Acupuncture Fort Bend Dental Associates House of Blooms INSURANCE (832) 532-7345 Allied Health Services Cornerstone Christian AcademyJackson Air & Heat (281) 491-3472 (281) 499-3541 (281) 242-1555 SERVICES www.amerejuve.com (713) 524-4422 (281) 980-0842(832) 550-2012 www.sugarmillchiro.com www.ftbenddental.com www.sugarlandhouseofblooms.com John Bowers - State Farm Insurance www.alliedhealthnursing.com www.cornerstonecca.orgwww.sugarlandtrane.com (281) 242-4800 MEDICAL AESTHETICS CLEANERS www.johnbowersclu.com & HORMONE ORTHODONTIST Fort Bend Christian Academy Smiles of Riverstone GIFT AND HOME THERAPY Dennis E. Halford, DDS, MS (281) 263-9142ANIMAL HOSPITAL Holiday Cleaners (281) 261-3332 FURNISHINGS INTERIOR DESIGN Sugar Land Medical Aesthetics (281) 980-8351 www.fortbendchristian.orgLexington Blvd. Animal Hospital (281) 265-4400 www.smilesofriverstone.com The Magnolia House Gooseberry Brambles Interior Designs (281) 901-2079 www.halfordorthodontics.com(281) 980-3737 (281) 208-9955 (281) 224-0122 www. REAL ESTATE AGENTwww.lexingtonpethospital.com COMPUTER- TECH EDUCATION - www.themagnoliahouse.biz www.gooseberrybrambles.com sugarlandmedicalandaestheticspa. OUTDOOR LIVING Nancy Benevides - RE / MAX SUPPORT TUTORING & TEST com SPACES SouthwestASSISTED LIVING The Computer Dude PREPARATION GYMNASTICS JEWELERS Backyard Retreats (713) 203-9975Silverado Senior Living (281) 636-8901 Learning RX Iron Cross Gymnastics Elegant Jewelers MUSICAL (281) 485-8483 www.fortbendcountytexashomes.(281) 277-1221 firstname.lastname@example.org (832) 886-5878 (281) 342-4766 (281) 980-5599 INSTRUCTION www.backyard-retreat.com comwww.silveradosenior.com www.learningrx.com / sugar-land www.ironcrossgymnastics.com www.elegantjewelers1.com Bach to Rock Music Lessons CONSIGNMENT (281) 545-1400 PHOTOGRAPHER REALTORCAR DEALERSHIP Designer Exchange ELECTRICAL HOBBY SHOP KITCHEN AND BATH www.bachtorock.co Gittings Photography Glory Crafts - RE / MAX HeritageStewart Cadillac (281) 242-1033 Wired Electrical Services RC Hobby Shop REMODELING (713) 965-9301 (832) 265-7355(713) 223-4552 www.dxresale.com (281) 897-0001 (281) 265-4844 DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen NAIL SALON www.gittings.com www.har.com / glorywww.stewartcadillac.com www.wiredes.com www.rchobbyshop.com (281) 242-2112 Spectrum Nails & Salon DANCE STUDIOS www.dreammakerhouston.com 5011 Highway 6 South, #105 PHYSICAL THERAPY RE / MAX HeritageCHILDRENS GYM Cookie Joes Dancin School EVENT PLANNING HOME HEALTHCARE Missouri City, TX 77459 First Colony Aquatic & Rehabilitation (281) 265-7355The Little Gym (281) 265-1042 Events by Doyin Allied Home Health LANDSCAPING / (281) 499-5458 Center www.homesoffortbend.com(281) 277-5470 www.cookiejoedance.com (832) 308-7998 (713) 522-5773 OUTDOOR (281) 325-0188www.thelittlegym.com / www.eventsbydoyin.com www.alliedhealthnursing.com IMPROVEMENTS NURSERY www.aquatic-rehab.com SENIOR CAREsugarlandmissouricitytx DAY SPA Enchanted Landscapes Texas Growers Nursery Seniors Helping Seniors Woodhouse Day Spa FLOORING (281) 937-0646 (281) 491-9919 PLUMBING SERVICES (281) 261-8107 (281) 208-9119 Lone Star Floors www.myenchanted.com www.texasgrowersnursery.com Alans Plumbing www.seniorshelpingseniors.com / www.sugarland.woodhousespas.com (281) 564-1345 (281) 261-1064 FortBend / www.lonestarfloors.com Garden Guy (281) 208-4400 www.garden-guy.com
5. Family8 NeighborhoodNews Sweetwater Style March March Sweetwater Style NeighborhoodNews 9spotlight Hanging out at the Country Club Day trip at the Houston Zoo The Szeto Family, portrait by Gittings To have your family featured on the front cover and in our Family Spotlight section, please email email@example.com. Meet your neighbors, the Szeto family - Dr. Jeremy As a family, the Szetos have many favorites. Their favorite Brothers playing in their front yard and his wife, Jamie, and their two sons, 4-year- old Jaden and restaurants are BJ’s Restaurant, Old Place Café, Jason’s Deli, Jacob who is almost 2. They have lived on Du Pont Circle in and New York Pizzeria. If mom and dad dine out without the Sweetwater four years and say they love the safe environment it kids some of their favorite spots are Masraff ’s, Americas, and provides their family, their great neighbors, and the wonderful Tony’s. Their favorite teams are USC, Texans, and the Rockets. schools. Dr. Jeremy grew up in Sweetwater and his parents, Kin They also enjoy watching Star Wars movies and old cartoons and Grace Szeto, are still residents, living just 1 mile from them. like Transformers, Wolverine, and the X-Men. When asked Jamie is originally from South Pasadena, CA. what their favorite family dinner is Jamie promptly responded, 281-265-4844 • Fax: 281-265-8686 “Whatever the boys (Dad & the kids) will eat”! firstname.lastname@example.org • www.rchobbyshop.com Graduating from New York University, Dr. Jeremy is a private Business Hours: practice physician with his father, Kin Szeto. Jamie graduated from The Szetos also enjoy their family traditions, and this past Thanks- Monday-Friday, 10 AM – 6 PM giving was their first annual pajama Thanksgiving. They all loved Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM University of Southern California and is a physician assistant for Sunday Noon – 5 PM Head and Neck Surgery at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Sugar having turkey dinner in their PJs! Another favorite family tradition Land. Jamie’s roots are still out west, and the family enjoys visiting is vacationing to beach resorts, and they are currently planning their Moving soon to a new location! her family regularly and soaking up the California sun. next vacation to somewhere in the Bahamas or the Pacific Islands. 206 Brand Lane Stafford, TX 77477 2 on site RC car race The Szetos are always on the go and participate in many activi- tracks in our new ties and hobbies. As a family they enjoy watching movies and Stafford location! going to the playground. A couple of their favorite hangout spots are Colony Bend Playground and First Colony mushroom pool. Dr. Jeremy enjoys traveling, sports, and Brazilian jiu-jitsu. Jamie also enjoys traveling, as well as reading, trying new foods, and outdoor activities. Like his dad, Jaden enjoys Brazilian jiu- jitsu, and he likes gymnastics. Little brother, Jacob, enjoys any activity his big brother is doing. Jaden & Jacob at the Sweetwater Country Club
6. 10 Sweetwater Style March March Sweetwater Style NeighborhoodNews 11 Resident Recipe Submitted by Resident, Susan G. Sausage Breakfast Casserole This recipe originally came from a Jimmy Dean ad. It is a great dish for brunch gatherings. You can even make it the night before and just put in the oven for an hour right before you serve it. Ingredients 1 lb of Italian pork sausage, (then cooked, drained, crumbled) 4 ½ cups cubed day old bread To have your favorite recipe featured in our Resident Recipe 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese section, please email email@example.com. 10 eggs slightly beaten 4 cups whole milk 1 tsp dry mustard 1 tsp salt ¼ tsp onion powder Fresh ground pepper to taste ½ cup sliced mushrooms (optional) ½ cup peeled, chopped tomatoes (optional) ½ cup green chilies (optional) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Heat a skillet on medium high. Break up the sausage into chunks and cook, working in batches if need be, until browned all around. Make sure the chunks of sausage have some space around them or your meat will steam and not brown. Remove the cooked sausage from the pan and let sit on paper towels on top of a plate. Crumble into smaller pieces. Place bread in a well buttered 9X13 inch baking pan and sprin- kle with cheese. Combine the eggs, milk, dry mustard, onion powder and pepper. Pour evenly over the bread and cheese. Sprinkle sausage and optional ingredients over the top. At this stage you can cover and chill overnight, if you want to prepare ahead. If not, let sit for 10 minutes before putting in Scan the QR code for a the oven. Bake uncovered for about one hour. Tent with foil if direct link to our website. top begins to brown too quickly.
7. 12 Sweetwater Style March March Sweetwater Style 13 Electrical Problems? Remodeling? Call the Experts at BUSINESS beat Will Hardee, Senior Vice President of Hardee Investment Group Resident H.H. “Will” Hardee and his wife, Lena, have lived in Section 8 of Sweetwater since 2002. Will and Lena have been married for 33 years and have two children. Their son, Billy, recently graduated from Texas Lutheran University with a kinesi- WIRED Electrical Services 5 Year Warranty! call for details ology degree and a desire to coach. His daughter, Heather Gobert, and her husband, Mark, Call us 24/7 | Same Rates 7 days a week just welcomed their new daughter, Ellie Noel, who is almost a year old. Both Heather and Will Hardee Mark work with Will at his investment company, Hardee Investment Group. 713-467-1125 or 281-897-0001 When we asked Will about his company he explained, “Hardee www.WiredES.com Investment Group provides investment solutions and exemplary • Family Owned & Operated service which allow our clients to live the lifestyle they desire.” Will • Residential & Commercial is the Senior Vice President and the Senior Portfolio Manager at • Licensed & Insured Check out the Hardee Investments, and his expertise is advising high net worth • Fully Stocked Trucks coupon section individuals and small to mid-sized corporations. His company has in this issue for • Professional & Courteous been nationally recognized by Barron’s (2010, 2011), Reuters, and additional savings! Houston Business Journal as a top advisor in America. When asked • IEC Trained & Experienced what advice he would offer to fellow residents Will replied, “Most • Uniformed Technicians investors let either greed or fear control their decisions. Learn to • Skilled in Troubleshooting Hardee Investment Group Staff master these emotions because investing is a marathon, not a sprint.” • 24/7 Service • Generators FINANCING AVAILABLE TECL 22809 | Master 100394 Will’s marathon began at the young age of 8 when his father passed away. As the eldest son he helped his mother with fam- PLATELET RICH PLASMA(PRP) Surprisingly Unique Gifts, and ily finances and began investing when he was 18. After working THERAPY INJECTIONS in Sugar Land! in the banking industry he decided the investment world was Beautiful Home Décor more interesting. From 1977-1991, Will was a Senior Vice Considering Hair Loss Treatment? Reverse Male Pattern Baldness with President at Rotan Mosle/Paine Webber and from 1991-1994 PRP Regenerative Treatment! he was a Senior Vice President with Kidder Peabody. Then, in This cutting edge treatment uses 1994 he acquired his current position with RBC Wealth Man- YOUR plasma and promotes hair agement as Senior Vice President of Hardee Investments. follicle growth. · NON-SURGICAL · NO DOWN TIME • Miss Me & Rock Revival In addition to investing, Will has a wide variety of interests. · Total of 3 Treatments Apparel & Chamilia Jewelry. During his spare time, Will enjoys serving as a director on sev- • No Surprises Design Portfolios. NEW Anti-Aging Procedure! No Retainers. Your Budget & Pace. eral boards, which provides him with valuable insight to what PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Releases does and does not work in business. He also likes hunting, fish- Growth Factors that promote collagen • Tyler, Aromatique, Lux & Nouvelle Fragrances. ing, civil war history, and numismatics. from YOUR plasma. • Try Before You Buy Approval Process. Excellent for the treatment of: For more information · Fine & Deep Wrinkles · Neck Wrinkles on Hardee Investment · Acne Marks Group, please visit their · Bags & Dark Circles website at www.Hardee- Fine Interiors & Gifts SUGAR LAND MEDICAL AESTHETICS InvestmentGroup.com. Come explore Chary Tamirisa M.D. FACOG 281-277-3300 • 713-702-3097 3519-B Town Center Blvd. our wonderland! 15% OFF Entire Purchase To have your business featured in our Business Beat Sugar Land, TX 77479 with this ad. section, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Mary Jane Wimberly (across from Methodist 6146 Highway 6 • 281-208-9955 Excludes Chamilia. Medical Aesthetician Sugar Land Hospital) at Murphy Road in Kroger Center, Missouri City Expires 3/31/12
9. 16 NeighborhoodNews Sweetwater Style March March Sweetwater Style NeighborhoodNews 17Madison Weaver Shaking hands with Congressman, Pete Olson Serving a tasty beverage at work Just hangin’ out! with Congressman Olsen and the other council members on On a more personal side, Madison lives in the Commonwealth key issues like the debt ceiling, reviewing the pros and cons of section of Sweetwater with his parents, sister Morgan, 15, and this highly charged issue. Madison also actively worked on the brother Matthew, 11, and his Australian Shepard, Molly. He election campaign for Sonal Bhutchar, who ran for a seat in the loves to cook and plan his next adventure. His favorite foods Texas State Legislature from District 26. Madison spent almost include Italian and Chinese food, and he could practically live 6 months, working 15 hours a week, going door-to-door and off of Mexican food. Madison and his family are fairly recentMadison jet skiing with Morgan & Matthew Madison working the register at Starbucks attending ‘meet and greet’ events for Ms. Bhutchar. From this additions to our community, having moved here from Santa he gained invaluable experience in the campaign process. Barbara, California in 2009. In Santa Barbara Madison attend- 2 ed Dos Pueblos High School, the same high school that Katy Along with school and his active political life Madison also finds Perry attended! He loves the Harry Potter movie series and lis- kids kids time to work a part time job. He works as a barista for Starbucks, tens to favorite music groups Coldplay, Maroon 5, Chris Tom- preparing quality beverages with a personal touch! While this lin, One Republic and of course, Katy Perry! In his free time he job aids in Madison’s financial independence, it mostly gives him likes to hang out at the Galleria and Star Cinema Grill. By Eileen Scamardo invaluable experience. Madison would like to get a business man- GUITAR • PIANO • VOICE • VIOLIN agement degree and would use it to climb the Starbuck’s corporate To have your kid featured in our Kids 2 Kids section, please email PIANO PREP ladder! He hopes to one day move to Seattle to pursue this dream. email@example.com. Music Theater Camp coming this summer! Call now for information. Meet Madison Weaver, an active and involved member of our College Trained and Degreed Teachers community. A senior at Clements High School, Madison is jewel hidden Conveniently located just off the Grand Parkway active in many organizations at school including National Hon- 20333 Southwest Freeway • Sugar Land, Texas 77479 ors Society, Spanish National Honors Society and the Young Conservatives Club, an organization he helped to co-found. He 281-545-1400 has also helped with Peer Tutoring, ran track his sophomore www.BachToRock.com year, and has been awarded the AP Scholar Award for master- ing 3 or more AP exams. G C Outside of school Madison is highly involved in the local Hidden Jewel is a picture of something that’s visible to everyone as they political scene. He is a member of the Mayor’s Youth Advisory walk or drive up and down the streets of Sweetwater. If you think you Council in Sugar Land, a select group of 36 advisors to the know where this month’s Hidden Jewel is, email your answer with the Mayor of Sugar Land. These students help the mayor come up exact location of where you can find the subject of this month’s image to with solutions to local issues. He is also a member of the Con- firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be a drawing from all the correct gressional Youth Advisory Council, which is a select group of 45 answers to determine a winner who will receive a prize from one of our advisors to Congressman Pete Olsen from the 22nd District of sponsors. The winner will be announced in the May issue of Sweetwater Where in Sweetwater can you find this? Email email@example.com Texas. Within this group he gets to participate in discussions with your answer and you could be our next winner! Style. So get to know your neighborhood and find the “Hidden Jewel”.
10. 18 Sweetwater Style March March Sweetwater Style 19 W H ET H ER IT ’ S A N I S LA N D OR R ET REAT … Sponsor of the month …we can Design and Build it for you! Spectrum Nails & Salon Photos by Eileen Scamardo IF YOU ’ RE TOUCHING UP A ROOM OR GIVING IT A WHOLE NEW LOOK , WE HAVE EVERYTHING YOUChi Hoang, owner of Spectrum Nails & Salon NEED TO REM ODEL YOUR BATHROOM & KITCHEN . I T’ S OUR J OB , BUT WE NEVER FORGET IT ’ S YOUR HOME .W hen I met with the owner of Spectrum Nails & Salon, ChiHoang, I knew right away that she ran C ALL TODAY AND WE ’ LL M AKE YOUR REMODELING DREAMS COME TRUE !a top-notch salon. Originally located 281-242-2112 | WWW . D R EAMMAK ERHOUSTON . C OMat Lexington Blvd. & Dulles, the cur- 3768 G R EENB R IAR D R IV E , S TAF F O R D , T EX A Srent location on Highway 6 in MissouriCity is stunning with two double-sidedwaterfalls, elegant décor, and comfy spachairs to relax in. Spectrum has been Bella Custom Cabinetryopen for 19 years and currently employs14 technicians. All of the staff has expe- in Fort Bend 2000, by Fort Bend Cham- good at it. People just keep coming back Get Comfortable!rience and receives ongoing training, and ber of Commerce. They also offer a wide because they like our service.”just about every time you visit, you will variety of services including: nail care, nailbe greeted by Chi herself. enhancements, facial treatments, waxing, If you are looking for a great nail salon, tinting, and more. When I asked Chi check out Spectrum Nails & Salon. TheyNot only is Spectrum a beautiful salonwith experienced staff, it has also won what made her go into this business and why she has lasted so long she replied, “I are conveniently located in Missouri City at 5011 Highway 6 South, #105. For more JACKSON AIR & HEAT has been making families in Sweetwater comfortable since 1982several awards including Best Nail Salon have always wanted to do this and I am information call 281-499-5458. Specializing in High Efficiency Air Conditioning & Indoor Air Quality SALES SERVICEWhere does this publication come from? INSTALLATION FACTORY TRAINED TECHNICIANS W ho is paying for it ? FAST DEPENDABLE HONEST SERVICE If you’re enjoying this publication, please thank our advertisers. It is their investment in Sweetwater Style that makes each issue possible. We are able to offer this publication completely FREE to you because of the local businesses that sponsor our magazine. The best way to thank them is to utilize $20 off any service, LOW OFF-SEASON PRICES, 0% Interest their company when choosing products or services for you and your family. Give them the chance to PLUS a FREE whole house media filter ($475 value) earn your business. Most are locally owned and operated, and many giving back to the community in with a new TRANE system. Offer ends 3/31/12. ways both seen and unseen. Please keep our advertisers in mind and let them know you see their ad in Sweetwater Style each month. Also, if you do business with a reputable business not advertising 281-240-1037 • www.SugarLandTRANE.com in the publication, please suggest they consider it. This could be a link that helps them thrive and 100% Financing Available may help your neighbors make more informed decisions before purchasing. Awards for Excellence EPA and NATE Certified | ACLB29585E
11. 20 Sweetwater Style March March Sweetwater Style 21 2011s #1 Cadillac Dealer in Houston! STEWART713-CADILLAC Downtown Houstonwww.StewartCadillac.com 2520 Main Street, Houston, TX 77002
12. 22 NeighborhoodNews Sweetwater Style March March Sweetwater Style NeighborhoodNews 23 SS: What organization benefits from Boogie 2012? PennyWise Resale Centers – PennyWise Resale Centers Cassie: Fort Bend Women’s Center in Richmond, Stafford and Houston (Mission Bend) provide clients with free clothing, furniture and other items necessary SS: Tell us more about Fort Bend Women’s Center, what is their to support independent living. The stores also sell reduced-price mission? merchandise to the public with all proceeds supporting the Cassie: We assist survivors of domestic violence and sexual programs and services offered by the Women’s Center. Penny- assault and their children to achieve safety and self-sufficiency, Wise stores accept donations of gently used men’s, women’s and Boogie Cake! Boogie 2012 Kick-off Reception while striving to prevent violence against women. children’s clothing; electronics; sports equipment; furniture and household goods. To arrange pick-up for large items, donors can SS: How long has the Women’s Center been in existence? call 281-344-5770.Volunteer SS: Tell us about Boogie 2012? Cassie: Starting only with a crisis hotline, the Fort Bend Cassie: Classic Chevrolet Sugar County Women’s Center has been serving Fort Bend and sur- Volunteer - After completing a training course, volunteers Land and the Fort Bend County rounding counties since 1980. With over 35,000 women, children can assist the Women’s Center staff with: The Crisis Hotline, and some men having been served, the FBCWC is proud to Children’s Services, Speakers’ Bureau, Special Events, Admin- of the M onth Women’s Center invite you to be the primary advocate for survivors of domestic violence and istration, Teaching and Tutoring, Personal accompaniment, or “See the USA in Your Classic Chevrolet” at the Women’s Cen- sexual assault in our region. We will continue to acknowledge our Working at PennyWise Resale Centers.Cassie Oppman – ter’s annual 50’s and 60’s bash, Boogie 2012! Get your engines heritage and to nurture and fulfill our mission for years to come.Boogie 2012 benefiting Fort Bend Women’s Center revving because this year is guaranteed to be the best yet! (We SS: How can supporters contact the Women’s Center? know we say that every year. Have we ever let you down?) This SS: What types of tasks does Fort Bend Women’s Center perform? Cassie: Fort Bend County Women’s CenterRecently, Sweetwater Style had the opportunity to interview Cassie: The Women’s Center provides a 24-hour hotline, PO Box 183 year’s event will be held at the Stafford Centre on Saturday,Sweetwater resident, Cassie Oppman, about her involvement emergency shelter, rape crisis services, food, clothing, emer- Richmond, TX 77406 March 31, from 6:30 to 11:30 p.m.with Boogie 2012 and the Fort Bend Women’s Center. gency and basic medical services, counseling, transportation, firstname.lastname@example.org Emcee Anthony Yanez of KPRC Channel 2 will lead us on a case management, legal accompaniment and advocacy, children’s 281-344-5750 road trip back in time to the days of poodle skirts, leather jack- programs, learning resources, computer training, job readiness, 24-Hour Crisis Hotline: 281-342-HELP (4357) ets, classic Chevys and white picket fences. Attendees will enjoy: financial management, parenting and self-esteem workshops, community outreach, and education. . Getting down to the sounds of the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s with Rotel SS: How can others get involved with this organization? and the Hot Tomatoes Cassie: There are three main ways the community can get . Delicious catered dinner involved. . Live and silent auctions . Dance and costume contests Donate – You can donate directly to the Women’s Center . Sundae station by Rosenberg’s own Another Time Soda Fountain online at www.fortbendwomenscenter.org or attend one of our four fundraisers: Music Fest, Gillman Charitable Golf Tourna- SS: How can the community get involved with Boogie 2012? ment, Girlfriends Giggle, and Boogie. Cassie: The community can get in on the action by becoming a sponsor, donating to the auctions, and/or placing an advertise- ment in the program guide. Individual tickets are also available for $75 each. For more information on any of these opportuni- ties, please visit www.fortbendwomenscenter.org, email boo- email@example.com, or contact Annette Howe at 281.344.5757. SS: How will the proceeds from Boogie be used? Cassie: All proceeds raised from Boogie are used to provide free and confidential emergency shelter, counseling, crisis inter- If you volunteer in the community and would like to feature your organization in an upcoming issue of Sweetwater Style, email firstname.lastname@example.org. vention, and other supportive services for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault and their children.
13. 24 Sweetwater Style March March Sweetwater Style NeighborhoodNews 25 Lou-Lou, December Precious Pet – photo by Eileen Scamardo Oliver, October Precious Pet – photo by Eileen Scamardo pets precious A look back at our first 6 Precious Pets! Thank you to the wonderful residents that have shared their Precious Pet with us in our first months of publishing this magazine. We look forward to meeting many more of your dogs, cats, birds, snakes, hamsters, fish, and other critters in our upcoming issues! Molly, January Precious Pet – photo by Eileen Scamardo Abby & Molly, November Precious Pets – photo by Eileen Scamardo Sammy, February Precious Pet To have your pet featured in our Precious Pets section, please email email@example.com.
14. 26 CookbookLubys NeighborhoodNews Sweetwater Style March March Sweetwater Style NeighborhoodNews 27 Trattoria Il Mulino Spaghetti Carbonara are invited to test drive the HMC experience nightly in the plush and sophisticated Empire Lounge. Reservations are rec- ommended, and bottle service is available. For hours of opera- tion, a calendar of entertainment and booking information, log onto marquehouston.com or call 713.242.1811. This month, Trattoria Il Mulino in Memorial City celebrates their one-year anniversary with the debut of “Classics & Favor- ites” from their original Il Mulino New York menu, a new Sunday Brunch Buffet and daily happy hour specials. New-to- Houston dishes include their famous Osso Bucco with porcini Philippe - Upstairs Dining Room Marque - Empire Lounge mushrooms and red wine; Pollo Scarpariello with white wine, garlic and mushrooms; Branzino stuffed with garlic and rose- mary baked in Sicilian sea salt; Porcini Ravioli with a cham- Empire Lounge - Marque pagne truffle sauce and the not-to-be missed Spaghetti Carbon- ara. For information and reservations log onto ilmulino.com or call 832.358.0600. Many thanks to Stuart Rosenberg for his contribution to Sweetwater Style each month.Haute l i s t the Stuart Rosenberg, Studio Communications 713.524.2800By Stuart RosenbergMarking this month’s Houston Livestock lush gardens, including Rienzi and Bayou& Rodeo Show, Chef Philippe Schmit of Bend, two estate properties now operated Bayou Bend - Diana Gardenacclaimed Uptown eatery, Philippe Res- by the Museum of Fine Arts. For ticket-taurant + Lounge, will showcase a delec- ing information, log onto riveroaksgar-table roundup of rodeo-inspired dishes denclub.org or call 713.523.2483. table-style book that is available onlinethe first three Saturdays of March to at greenbeansandguacamole.com. Fromcoincide with the world renowned event. Spring into entertaining with some of Houston Classic Desserts to HoustonHighlights include Neiman Ranch pork Houston’s coolest and quirkiest cook- Classic Mexican Recipes, local cookbookchops, Texas Quail stuffed with pork chili books that make seasonal entertaining author Erin Miller hits the high notes ofand house made Merguez sausage and a breeze. Everyone’s favorite cafeteria, Houston dining with pint size books thatbaby back ribs – dishes that reflect the Luby’s, brings 60+ years of history to the pack in the best of the city. Log onto“French Cowboy’s” love of life in Texas pages of Luby’s Recipes & Memories. erinhicksmiller.blogspot.com for recipes, tips and book signing dates. Family is whyand his adopted hometown of Houston. The updated special edition features 120Saddle up by logging onto philippehous- original dishes, plus an array of helpful Houston Motor Club makes a new WE DO IT ALL.ton.com or calling 713.439.1000. hints and tips, and is available in restau- Call or visit me today for all your insurance needs. rants and online at Lubys.com. With “Marque” on CITYCENTRE with itsWith azaleas adding a vivid wash of color proceeds supporting The Arc, a non- aptly named and recently opened social John Bowers Jr, Agent, CLU LUTCF ChFCacross the city, the River Oaks Garden profit that promotes and protects the club. While members will have full 1650 Highway 6, Suite 450 Sugar Land, TX 77478-4928Club celebrates March with the 77th human rights of people with intellectual access to the dramatic, 15,000-square- 281-242-4800Annual Azalea Trail, which takes place and developmental disabilities, Green foot showcase of luxe design, encompass- firstname.lastname@example.org the 9th – 11th with stops through- Beans & Guacamole presents recipes ing the Grand Havana Cigar Lounge, www.johnbowersclu.com – See our new online videoout the River Oaks area. Explore some of from more than 50 of Houston’s top Tequila Library, Wine Cellar, Billiards P02646 statefarm.com • State Farm Insurance Companies • Home Office: Bloomington, Illinois 11/04the city’s most lavish private homes and chefs and restaurants in a beautiful coffee Room and Poker Room, non-members
15. 28 NeighborhoodNews Sweetwater Style March March Sweetwater Style 29Front View Backyard overlooking 6th hole Rearview Homes of Distinction This is a beautiful, traditional Georgian style home on the 6th hole of Sweetwater Golf Course. Two-story entry with curved staircase. Gorgeous formal dining & large updated kitchen with granite and two islands. Big formal room with wall of windows overlooking the golf course, gazebo & private putting green! SIENNA SWEETWATER AVALON Huge game room with fireplace, wet bar and covered veranda also overlooking the golf course. Master bedroom has its own fireplace Heritage A as well as French doors that open up to the same gorgeous view! OF SUCCESS To have your home featured in our Homes of Distinction section, please email RIVERSTONE Buying AND NEW TERRITORY email@example.com. Selling H OMES IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD FOR OVER 20 Years TELFAIR FIRST COLONY 281-265-7355 • 4675 Sweetwater Blvd. • www.homesoffortbend.com Putting Green Entryway
16. 30 RealEstateResource Sweetwater Style March March Sweetwater Style 31Featured properties may not be listed by the office/agent presenting this brochure.Source Multiple Listing Service. All information herein is not guaranteed.Supplied by Nancy BenevidesAddress List Price Sold Date DOM Beds Baths SqFt23 Dartmoor $349,900 09/28/11 98 4 4 3,58410 Seaton $395,000 06/10/11 184 4 3 3,72040 Glen Loch Court $449,000 11/01/11 79 3 3 3,15423 Rainford $474,800 07/19/11 11 5 4 4,44314 Rainford $479,999 06/16/11 51 4 3 4,45547 Dartmoor $501,000 10/14/11 142 5 4 5,70025 Queen Mary $512,500 05/27/11 189 4 4 3,8994011 Monticello $663,000 06/06/11 17 5 3 4,5404111 Thistle Hill $675,000 06/10/11 361 4 3 4,36224 Scotsmoor Court $675,000 08/01/11 632 5 6 5,28219 Glen Eagle $679,000 03/31/11 300 4 5 4,49798 Heathrow $699,000 06/10/11 697 5 7 5,61517 Shetland Isle Ct $725,000 12/09/11 77 5 6 5,39931 Glen Eagle $895,000 07/13/11 19 5 5 6,3337 Legend Park $965,000 01/12/11 247 6 5 6,86750 Du Pont Circle $968,800 02/22/11 14 6 6 6,52718 Farrell Ridge Dr $1,399,000 12/01/11 132 5 7 7,4014130 Hyde Park $1,495,000 07/15/11 3 5 4 6,467
17. 32 LocalEvents Sweetwater Style March March Sweetwater Style LocalEvents 33 March Fitness and Zumba with Abby Dorsey! Boot Camp from 9:00 am Friday Family Fun Night – Helping Paws, Canine Heroes! lo c a l e v en t s – 10:00 am, and immediately following get your Zumba on from When: 3/23/12 @ 6:30 PM. 10:00 am – 11:00 am, all for free in the Plaza. For more information Where: 13016 University Blvd., Sugar Land, TX 77479 visit: www.sugarlandtownsquare.com/events. Venue: Houston Museum of Natural Science – Sugar Land What: Have you ever wondered "How do they do that?" Come WATCH Health Fair meet them and find out! Learn all the ins and outs of the special- To have your event featured in our Local Events sec- When: 3/3/12 @ 11:00 AM-2:00 PM. ized training these canine heroes go through to become amazing. tion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Where: 2711 Town Center Blvd., Sugar Land, TX 77479 From solving crimes to fetching medicine, these guys are sure to Venue: Town Square Plaza impress. Then, take a stroll through The Nature of Dogs exhibit What: Kick-off a week of Healthy activities by joining us at one of where Mary Ludington seeks to capture the true nature of dogs the largest Community Health Fairs in Fort Bend County - the 6th through photographs. Special activities, crafts and appetizers.Maurice Sendak Exhibit his European relatives. Illustrations in his works are populated with Annual FBISD Health Fair! FBISD and the FBMS Alliance join togeth- For more information visit: www.hmns.org.When: 2/18/12-4/20/12. friends, family, and the sights, sounds and smells of his childhood er to share health information, demos, health screening and muchWhere: 1001 Golfview, Richmond, TX 77469 in New York in the 1930s. An Opening Reception for the exhibit more! For more information visit: www.sugarlandtownsquare. The Bates Center Benefit Concert – Teen Talent ExplosionVenue: George Memorial Library in the Bohachevsky Gallery will take place on March 8th beginning at 7:00 PM. com/events. When: 3/23/12 @ 7:00 PM-9:30 PM.What: George Memorial Library is the only library in Texas selected For more information: call the library’s Public Information Office at Where: 2711 Town Center Blvd., Sugar Land, TX 77479to host this traveling exhibition. Maurice Sendak is best known as 281-341-2677. Survivors Offering Support Venue: Town Square Plazathe illustrator of more than 100 children’s picture books, including When: 3/17/12 @ 5:30 PM-7:30 PM. What: Join us for a night of live music in the Plaza as teens fromWhere the Wild Things Are and In the Night Kitchen. As a child, he Urban Harvest Farmers Market Where: 16655 Southwest Freeway, Sugar Land, TX 77479 the Fort Bend County area come together to raise funds andbecame fascinated with the worn black-and-white photographs of When: 3/1/12, 3/8/12, 3/15/12, 3/22/12, 3/29/12 @ 4:00 PM-7:00 PM. Venue: Methodist Sugar Land Hospital – Main Pavilion Conference awareness for The Bates Center. For more information visit: www. Where: 2711 Town Center Blvd., Sugar Land, TX 77479 Rooms BC thebatescenter.org. Venue: Town Square Plaza What: Support group for women diagnosed with breast cancer. What: Meet your local farmers and vendors, and pick up locally We help women at any stage of diagnosis and treatment under- Fashion Show Fundraiser grown fresh fruits and vegetables, eggs, cheese, honey, and much stand that breast cancer affects them both emotionally and spiritu- When: 3/24/12 @ 2:00 PM-6:00 PM. more! Join us every Thursday in the Plaza. ally, not just physically. Our mission is to ensure, through informa- Where: 4522 Highway 6, Sugar Land, TX 77478 For more information visit: www.urbanharvest.org. tion, empowerment and peer support, that no one faces breast Venue: Designer Exchange Ladies Upscale Designer Boutique cancer alone. Breast cancer patients need to find others who have What: Join us for our Spring Fundraising Fashion Show! Proceeds Seuss-ical Celebration had a similar experience, and our support groups help to fill this to benefit Reagan Leigh Guidry, the United Mitochondrial Disease When: 3/1/12 – 3/9/12. unique need to meet and talk with other survivors. A trained facili- Foundation, and our Non-Profit partner, Blooming Butterflies, Inc. Where: 1500 Binz, Houston, TX 77004 tator who uses the curriculum “Navigating Life’s Road Map After Live Butterfly Weed plants will be for sale. All proceeds will benefit Venue: Children’s Museum of Houston Breast Cancer” from the organization Reconstruction of a Survivor the non-profit organization. For more information visit: www. What: Dr. Theodor Seuss Geisel spent a lifetime dedicated to the leads the group. For more information: call 281-274-7164 or email dxresale.org or call 281-242-1033. pursuit of learning through imagination. We invite you to cele- email@example.com. brate the life and times of the literary genius that taught the world Sugar Land Jr. Superstar Auditions “the more you read, the more things you will know. The more that Spring Gardening Tips When: 3/28/12 @ 5:00 PM-7:00 PM. you learn the more places you’ll go.” His birthday fall on March 2nd When: 3/20/12 @ 7:00 PM. Where: 2711 Town Center Blvd., Sugar Land, TX 77479 and there will be on-going activities to celebrate. For more infor- Where: 14010 University Blvd., Sugar Land, TX 77479 Venue: Town Square Plaza mation visit: www.cmhouston.org or call 713-522-1138. Venue: Fort Bend County Library – University Branch, Small Meet- What: Calling all 9 to 13 year old Fort Bend County residents - its ing Room Sugar Land Jr. Superstar! Are you the next Sugar Land Superstar? Fitness in the Plaza What: Elizabeth Barrow, certified nursery professional, will talk Come audition in the Plaza for a chance to be in Sugar Lands big- When: 3/2/12, 3/9/12, 3/16/12, 3/23/12, and 3/30/12 @ 9:00 about new varieties of flowers and vegetables that can be planted gest singing competition now for 9 to 13 year old superstars! Audi- AM-11:00 AM. in this area during the spring months. She will give tips on lawn tions will be done without track music or instruments and partici- Where: 2711 Town Center Blvd., Sugar Land, TX 77479 care and freeze recovery. For more information: call the library’s pants should be prepared to sing for 90 seconds. No pre-registra- Venue: Town Square Plaza Public Information Office at 281-341-2677. tion required. Must be a full time resident of Fort Bend County and What: Join us this Friday and each Friday morning for Fitness in must be at least 9 years of age at the time of audition. For more the Plaza featuring FREE Boot Camp with Jon Hood from Rush information visit: www.sugarlandtownsquare.com/events.
18. 34 LocalEvents Sweetwater Style March March Sweetwater Style 35 The Crowning Glory TeamMarch lo c a l e v en t s Heritage CERTIFIED LUXURY HALL OF FAME HOME SPECIALISTFree Seminar About Colon Cancer Fort Bend Habitat for Humanity Youth Build ChallengeWhen: 3/29/12 @ 6:30 PM. When: 3/31/12 @ 12:00 PM-9:00 PM.Where: 16655 Southwest Freeway, Sugar Land, TX 77479 Where: 2711 Town Center Blvd., Sugar Land, TX 77479Venue: Methodist Sugar Land Hospital – Conference Center Venue: Town Square PlazaWhat: Join Dr. Gregory Shannon, Gastroenterologist; Dr. Ali Mah- What: Come out for this inspiring event where Legos are usedmood, Colon and Rectal Surgeon; and Dr. Nitesh Vachhani, Gastro- by youth teams to create realistic houses while raising awareness A Variety of Beautiful: 2 PALM MEADOW $2,850,000enterologist for Free Seminar About Colon Cancer. Attendees will and funds for FBHFH. Teams will be judged on Best Overall, Most • Palms • Grasses • Flowers Truly a MASTERPIECE! Phenomenal Architectural Design. Detailed to PERFECTION with Panoramic views of Sweetwater Golf Course - hole 18 of the Cypress Course. 7704 square feet, 5 Bedrooms, 5 Full 2 Half Baths, 7 car garage, Pool with Rock Waterfallreceive a free colorectal screening kit to take home. Creative, and Most Realistic. Stick around afterward for live music • Trees • Ground Cover • Shrubs & Spa, Lanai with Fireplace. Contact me for a Private Showing.For more information: call 281-274-7500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. in the plaza. For more information visit: www.fortbendhabitat.org. Wholesale & RetailChild Advocates of Fort Bend presents Light of Hope Professional Landscaping, G LO RY C R A F TS Irrigation & Lawn Maintenance Services R E / MA X HER I TAGEWhen: 3/30/12 @ 6:00 PM-7:00 PM.Where: 2711 Town Center Blvd., Sugar Land, TX 77479 8 3 2 -2 65-7355 (S E LL) All plants are 70% off! G LO RYCR A FTS @ HOTMA I L . CO MVenue: Town Square Plaza Lower prices guaranteed, nobody sells for less.What: Everyone is invited to join in this community event to createawareness of child abuse in our community. Attend the Light of 11221 Clodine Rd. • Richmond, TX 77407 W E S T C R A F TSHope ceremony to kick off Child Abuse Prevention Month coming Located near West Airport & FM 1464 Intersection S E C U R I T Y N ATI O N A L M O RTGAGE 8 3 2 -2 64-7355 (S E LL)in April! For more information visit: www.cafb.org. 281-491-9919 WC R A F TS @ L I V E. CO M | N M L S # 2 9 3 7 2 3 www.texasgrowersnursery.com Add Luxury Hotel elegance by creating a stunning master suite. Gooseberry Brambles Interior Design is an award winning, full-service design firm specializing in high-end residential homes and executive offices, creating a casual elegance that is warm and inviting. 281-224-0122 | GooseberryBrambles.com
19. 36 Tour&Travel Sweetwater Style March March Sweetwater Style ResidentBusinessGuide 37 Seeking a Road Less Traveled? r e s i dent b u s i n e ss gui de This is a listing of residents within your neighborhood who own a business. To find out how to get a FREE listing for your business, email us at email@example.com. FAMILY PHYSICIAN INVESTMENT OPHTHALMOLOGIST PEDIATRICIAN Drs. Szeto Family Practice & Hardee Investment Group Lone Star Eye Care Drs. Szeto Family Practice & Pediatrics Will Hardee Dr. Lacy Koonce Pediatrics Dr. Jeremy Szeto (713) 853-0869 (281) 277-8400 Dr. Kin Szeto (281) 242-6900 www.hardeeinvestmentgroup.com (281) 242-6900 ORTHODONTIST FLORIST MEDICAL SPA Halford Orthodontics RETAIL - HOME DÉCOR House of Blooms Dr. Shel Wellness & Medical Dr. Dennis E. Halford DDS, MS Twenty-Two Fifty Interiors Pat Houck Spa (281) 980-8351 Teena Caldwell (281) 242-1555 Dr. Shelena C. Lalji, MD www.halfordorthodontics.com (281) 265-2250 Visit Alaska’s Prince of Whales Island www.sugarlandhouseofblooms.com (281) 313-7435 www.twentytwofiftyinteriors.com www.drshel.com PEDIATRIC DENTIST HOME HEALTHCARE Larry Caldwell, DDS Allied Home Health NURSING Dr. Larry Caldwell, DDS Helen Dichoso Allied Health Services (281) 565-5437 (713) 522-5773 Helen Dichoso www.larrycaldwelldds.com www.alliedhealthnursing.com (713) 524-4422For the adventurer seeking a road less traveled, Alaska’s Prince of Whales Island www.alliedhealthnursing.comprovides the perfect venue to drop out and get in touch with your wilder nature.There are two distinct versions of Prince of Whales Island; the Prince of Whales Island roads are a mixture of paved bywaysone that 99% of visitors from the lower 48 will experience, and and hard packed dirt. If you’re going to explore the miles andthe one I am about to describe. For most visitors, Prince of miles of logging roads, I would recommend a four wheel driveWhales Island is known for its many world-class fishing lodges vehicle equipped with winch.and resorts which dot both the eastern and western shores. Fora few who dare to look behind the curtain and venture into the There are ample camping options on Prince of Whales Island.interior, Prince of Whales Island is a vast wilderness of pristine As a matter of fact you can camp most anywhere as long as HOLIDAY CLEANERStemperate rainforest waiting to be explored. you’re not within town limits. The island is all part of Tongass National Forest which is the largest in the United States withIf you’re going to Prince of Whales Island’s interior, don’t expect over 17 million acres. There are designated campsites locatedto find the services you’re accustomed to at home like a Star- between Craig and El Capitan, but the best spots you will dis- FIRST COLONY NEW TERRITORY PECAN GROVE SUGAR LAND Mon. – Fri. 4550 Sweetwater Blvd. 6350 Hwy 90A 3031 Plantation 345 Southwestern Blvd. ROSENBERGbucks or McDonalds on every corner. You’ll want to bring most cover on your own. There is a sense of freedom that you just 7am – 7pm 3926 Avenue H @ Colony Meadows @ The Country Store @ FM 359 @ Sugar Creekof your supplies, as the cost of goods and services on the island can’t find anymore. I find there are just enough rules and regula- Sat. 8am – 4pm 281-265-4400 281-265-1004 281-341-9066 281-242-0495 281-341-0280are somewhat inflated but more importantly limited. There are tions to protect the wildlife and environment. The feeling is liveover 1,500 miles of road to explore leading to spectacular inlets and let live. One Day Service Available • Expert Alterations • Professional Shoe Repair • We Recycle Your Bags & Hangersand bays with views of the surrounding islands. Saturday Drycleaning – In by 9am, Out by 2pm • GO WITH THE PROS! • 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED! How to get there: Prince of Wales Island is located 600 miles MEN’S OR LADIES’ MEN’S BUSINESS LADIES’ MEN’S OR BLOUSES, SKIRTS 5 89 5 3 3There are ample opportunities to hook into all five species of north of Seattle. It is the third largest island in the U.S. Alaska 2-PC SUITS SHIRTS DRESSES LADIES’ PANTS & SWEATERS $ 79 ¢ $ 79 $ 09 $ 79salmon as well as steelhead (early spring), rainbow trout, Dolly Airlines provides service to Ketchikan International Airport.Varden, and arctic char while you’re exploring the diverse Float or wheel plane service is available to Hollis, Klawock or REG $8.95 REG $2.15 REG $8.95 REG $5.05 REG $5.95regions of the island. If you want to bring home copious Craig. The Inter-Island Ferry service is just a three hour ride DRY CLEANED. FANCY, SILK LINED LAUNDERED ON HANGERS DRY CLEANED. FANCY, SILK LINED DRY CLEANED. FANCY, SILK LINED DRY CLEANED. FANCY, SILK LINEDamounts of fish I suggest getting out on the ocean. Saltwater from Ketchikan to Hollis. OR PLEATED SLIGHTLY MORE. WITH DRY CLEANING. OR PLEATED SLIGHTLY MORE. OR PLEATED SLIGHTLY MORE. OR PLEATED SLIGHTLY MORE. EACH • NO LIMIT EACH • NO LIMIT EACH • NO LIMIT EACH • NO LIMIT EACH • NO LIMITcharters are popular from Craig. Coffman Cove, Klawock, Nau- Good for 6 visits. Expires 5/15/2012. Good for 6 visits. Expires 5/15/2012. Good for 6 visits. Expires 5/15/2012. Good for 6 visits. Expires 5/15/2012. Good for 6 visits. Expires 5/15/2012.kati and Thorne Bay also have limited charter services. Article Source: www.travelarticlelibrary.com 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 C o u p o n s m u s t b e p r e s e n t e d w h e n o r d e r i s l e f t f o r p r o c e s s i n g . N o t v a l i d w i t h a n y o t h e r o ff e r.
20. 38 CouponSection Sweetwater Style March March Sweetwater Style 39 Here AlliedHealth Advertise 0FF any purchase et, Tile Laminate, Hardwoo more 0 of $1650.00 or $ 100 O on Carp d, Cabinets, and Countertops . Cannot be combined with other offers or discounts | See our ad on the back cover of this issue for more information www.n2pub.comLONE STAR FLOORS Call 281.564.1345 Today! Immediate placement opportunities for: Designer Exchange Ladies Upscale Consignment Boutique Redeem this coupon today! Operating Room nurses • New consignors receive a $10 account credit. • Existing consignors receive a $10 account Medical/Surgical nurses Instant credit on a referral that signs as a new consignor. Call Today! 281-242-1033 PACU nurses See our ad in this issue for more information Pre-operative nurses Spectrum Nails & Salon ICU nurses Pay! $25 OFF! WIRED ER nurses Redeem this coupon today to receive Any Call – Anytime Certified Oncology Nurses 713-467-1125 or 281-897-0001 20% OFF ANY NAIL SERVICE! Electrical Services Call 281-499-5458 for more details. Not to be combined with any other offer. Limit (1) one per customer, per visit. See our ad in this issue for more information. Allied Health Services | 2421 W. Holcombe Blvd Houston, Texas 77030 (713) 524-4422 | alliedhealthnursing.com AlliedHome H E A LT H 713-522-5773 2421 W. Holcombe Blvd. Houston, TX 77030 firstname.lastname@example.org Allied Home Health, established in 1995, has provided quality care for clients throughout Houston and surrounding areas by providing qualified staff for post-operative, oncology, and general care to patients at home, as well as private care in hospitals.
21. Style PRSRT STDs w e e t wat e r US POSTAGE PAID WILMINGTON NC PERMIT NO. 40