1. ACCESSIBLE LUXURYMarketing GroupAlessia SimulaStefania RampiniStefania TedescoRitwik S. Patil
2. Syllabus1) Introduction of the Firm2) Introduction of the Project3) SWOT Analysis4) Internal-External Analysis5) Consumer Behaviours and Segmentation6) Targeting Positioning7) Purchasing Process8) Marketing Mix and Price Strategy9) Promotions, Events and Agreements
3. Introduction of Bagni di Bormio-Spa Resort Two Hotels and two Thermal Centers located in Bormio withmore than 2000 years of history: Grand Hotel Bagni Nuovi *****: hotel in liberty style opened in1863 with 74 luxury rooms and easy access to the Spa.
4. Hotel Bagni Vecchi ****: romantic hotel with 12charming rooms.
5. Bagni Vecchi Spa, adjacent to the Hotel BagniVecchi, with 6 sectors with 30 different Spatreatments, an outdoor pool, Roman bathsoverlooking the valley of Bormio. The access to the Spais included in the price of the stay of both hotels
6. Bagni RomaniOpen Air PoolBagni Imperiali
7. Bagni Nuovi Spa is a luxury Spa sub-divided into 4sections, located in the gardens of grand Hotel BagniNuovi: Giardini di Venere: open air baths and pools Grotta di Nettuno: purifying and toning
8. Bagni di Giove: revatalizing hydrotherapy Bagni di Ercole: indoor section (combination of variousthermals) The entrance for Hotel’s Guest is included in the stay price.
9. Accessible Luxury marketing planOBJECTIVE: increase the profit of Bagni di Bormio By expanding its market segmentation:young peoplecouplestourists with special needs (accessible tourism)pride tourism
10. By promoting events and agreements with:Moët Chandon
11. SWOT ANALYSIS STRENGHTS: The purity of thermal water The unique location Operative all around the year Accessibility of Bagni Nuovi Top quality services for all types of customers
12. WEAKNESSES: Bagni Vecchi are not accessible Recruitment of new expert medical staff OPPORTUNITIES: Luxury Spa for all types of customers Appealing space for events (weddings, parties….) Agreements Moët Chandon
13. THREATS: Very high fixed costs: heating, sauna, pools, staff Difficulties in making agreements Big efforts and money spent in training the staff
14. INTERNAL ANALYSISOur COSTS are very high, in terms of: Maintance Qualified Staff Laundry Cleaning service Suppliers
16. PRICING DECISIONOur PRICES are higher than our competitors’ €45SKIMMING PRICE STRATEGY
17. MARKET & DEMAND• High DEMAND• High OCCUPANCY even with:• High PRICEINELASTICDEMAND
18. CONSUMER BEHAVIOUROur clients are: medium-upper social class italian, swiss and chinese (emerging markets) groups are not our main target except for corporate (fromour congresses) and hen party age: from 25 untill 60Motivations: relax and detox Rehabilitation Wellness medical treatments
19. MARKET POSITIONINGThe perception that our customers have about us, reflectwhat we want to reachExpensiveLessexpensiveModerateserviceHighservice• Exit spaSaronno• Monticello• Aquagranda• Leukerbad• Bagni termalidi Bormio
20. SegmentationThe main market segments are: LEISURE: couples, young people, adults ACCESSIBLE: people with special needs MEDICAL: people with respiratory and mobilityproblems PRIDE: gay and lesbian people.
21. Purchasing Process Our guests usually book through:1. TRAVEL AGENCY, CALL CENTRES Seniors2. ONLINE Other customers