Promoting Academic Survival & Success
P = Promoting
A = Academic
S = Survival
S = Success
1. Improve student achievement and student
2. Develop college and career readiness skills.
1. I want to pass all of my classes for the next two
2. What key behaviors must I do to achieve my
goal of passing all my classes for the next two
Key Behaviors: Have no more than three absences,
complete all of my assignments, devote 1.5 hours of
homework/study time each night.
3. How will I track my progress? I will use Student
Connect. I will inform my parents. I will talk to my
teachers. I will talk with my counselor.
The Developmental Relationship
1. Express CARE
2. Provide SUPPORT
3. Challenge GROWTH
4. Expand POSSIBILITIES
You Can Do This.
PASS PROGRAM PROCESS
1. Counselor meets with each student bi-weekly
to review progress and to provide support for
each student’s goal attainment.
2. Small group presentations are provided every
other month on the following topics: (1)
Study Skills, (2) Test Taking Skills, (3) College
and Career Readiness Skills and (4) Personal
and Social Development Skills.
PASS PROGRAM REWARDS
To motivate and reward student achievement
and effort, the PASS program provides the
following rewards to students:
1. Verbal Praise and Recognition
2. Gift Cards
3. Free Tacos from Taco Bell
4. Pizza Party
44 Students Participated in the PASS PROGRAM
14 Students Earned Participation Taco Bell Rewards
14 Students Earned a $10 Gift Card
16 Students Earned a $20 Gift Card
In sum, 68% of the students had grade point
improvement and credit improvement leading